Plus 2 Windscreen corner pieces

PostPost by: LOTUSTEVE » Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:57 am

Hi.
First post to the group so please bare with me. I'm in the process of recommissioning a 1970 Plus 2 S Federal and am at the joyful front windscreen phase. Read many posts and very useful information about installing the chrome trim and so far, so good. The screen and trim are just sitting in the frame, adjusting to life in preparation for the final install.
One bit of information I haven't been able to find is how best to install the lower corner pieces onto the chrome plastic trim. All material is from SJS, no issues with quality etc. and a call to them indicated that the corner piece is slipped on to the trim, possibly with the aid of a heat gun. Trying to install the piece without a heat gun is near on impossible and I'm nervous about using the heat as it's a one shot deal.
Another suggestion was to trim the glass channel back a bit and slip the corner piece on the main chrome plastic part. That I've tried and result is ok.
Just looking for any other solutions to test before I decide upon a final method, which at this stage will be the trim and slip method.
Cheers,
Steve.
LOTUSTEVE
New-tral

Total Online: