Elan viewing

PostPost by: jmp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:08 am

Hi all and particular thanks to Clive for the information you gave me.

The car was sort of in the middle for me, neither very good with needing some work or leaning towards a full restoration job which I'm not really after at present. It wasn't a basket case, engine had had work done on it, full MOT but I disc possibly warped, good chassis and basically sound. Shell better than I was expecting. But there were lots of little niggles, bonnet catches, door closing "rings" had been changed as fibreglass holes to big around part of the backing plate etc. If he would have come down more on price I would have been tempted. It had been fitted with a galvanised lotus chassis in the 90's. Dash pretty good, interior a little tired but live-able with.
I think you'll all know what I mean when I say I don't think it was the car for me but I can't say why not. It wasn't really the price either. I'm not in a rush so I'll just keep looking.
Are there many on this forum that live in the Staffordshire area as it would be good to look at a few different elans to use as a comparison and discuss foibles of each series.

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: John Porter <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, 22 March, 2011 22:49:44
Subject: Elan

Hi John,

So why didn't you buy the Elan?

All the best,
jmp
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:33 am

You'll have to get yourself over to Donington....13/14 August

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:22 pm

jmp wrote: Are there many on this forum that live in the Staffordshire area as it would be good to look at a few different elans to use as a comparison and discuss foibles of each series

John,
As CL Staffordshire branch, we meet in Lichfield the first Wednesday of the month.
newsletter 35.pdf
(340.93 KiB) Downloaded 446 times

Everyone welcome.
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: