Plus 2 rear passanger foitwell leak

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:23 pm

My +2, water comes in through seam of windscreen.
Added silicone, and has been dry
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TonyA » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:37 pm

The wiper spindle seal is still work in progress; thing is, I bought a pair of seals but they are too thick to allow enough of the spindle thread to catch the chrome bezel nut so I reverted to Rohan's tip and used a dab of silicone sealant instead: leak solved. Still bugs me but to use the seal will entail the wheelboxes being pushed 'in' to take out the plastic spacer bush and trim it back a bit to allow a bit more thread to poke through to catch the bezel nut a process most likely requiring the dash loose. BTW, this spacer bush is not available ( Kelvedon misleadongly show it in their catalogue picture as part of the bezel kit, but no, it's an old photo..!).The spacer bush does not come as part of the wheelbox either. Allegedly, the mgb ( but not mgbgt) bush suits the plus 2 wheel box but is NLA . A guy on ebay is selling them fir the mgb at £8, but seems a lot for a pair of bevelled plastic tubes of 16mm ID, 22mm OD and length 20/30mm that will need fettling anyway...I will put this at the bottom of the 'To Do' list..! Tony
TonyA
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Donels » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:41 pm

The MGB spacer is available from the MGOC website for £5.45, albeit waiting stock.
Elan +2
Elise mk 1
Donels
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: TonyA » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:19 pm

Yes, I subscribed but when I met them at their stand at the Restoration Show at the BEC last weekend I was advised not to hold my breath for re-availability, and instead make my own.!

Tony
TonyA
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Johnny America » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:42 am

Sightly off topic, but also at the restoration show and met a nice guy on the Aston Martin owners stand who had got the club to purchase a 3D printer and was printing all manner of parts for Astons. With the knowledge on this Forum someone must be able to draw parts in a CAD package and share the files for printing?
Lots of printing services available on eBay.
Just a thought ?
1969 Lotus Elan +2 4 speed - Barn find and currently undergoing recommissioning.
1979 Lancia V6 Group B Rally Car
Johnny America
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 pm

Ive been trying to 3D scan with KIRI engine
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: