Boot bulkhead board dimensions

PostPost by: 2tmike » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:22 am

Can anyone help with the dimensions of the board in the boot covering the fuel tank in a plus 2 please? Mine is missing and I want to make one whilst the car is away for a chassis change. From pics of other cars it looks to be a rectangular board with maybe a cutout in the left corner for the fuel filler neck. Many thanks in advance, Mike
Elan S4
Elan Plus 2 JPS
MR2turbo
2tmike
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Gazzerb » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:09 pm

Mike

I have attached a sketch of the dimensions used to remake my panel. Trust these are of help.

Regards
Gary
Attachments
Boot Front - Trim Panel.pdf
(107.34 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Gary

1972 Elan +2 S130/5
2001 Elise S2
Gazzerb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 2tmike » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:03 pm

Thanks Gary that's perfect, just what I needed !!!
Elan S4
Elan Plus 2 JPS
MR2turbo
2tmike
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Foxie » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:57 pm

I still have the original front boot panel covering the fuel tank rear side.

Apropos modifications around the fuel tank you might be interested in this.

To comply with FIA regulations when I started to race my Plus 2 in Ireland 16 years ago, I had to fit a firewall bulkhead between the fuel tank area and the passenger compartment.

I did this with two sheets of light aluminium, one to the pattern of the parcel shelf with a forward downfacing flange, which was fibre-glassed back to the bottom of the rear window surround, and another vertical panel between the rear suspension towers. I fitted small screw-mounted removeable panel at the bottom to access the diff mounting bolts. The original rear parcel shelf trim sits on top. Of course the original radio speakers had to be relocated.

:)
68 Elan +2, 70 Elan +2s
Foxie
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: