Please help find my dads old Elan plus 2 s

PostPost by: FrancesscaHudson1990 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:24 pm

Back in 2005 my dad regrettably sold his Lotus due to not having the money and time that the car deserved. He had it for 25 years and it was very special, it held so many memories as it was his fathers before he owned it.
we have looked on the dvla and it has since been changed hands again in 2011. It says the car is SORN.
He would love to be able to find it, if it is sat in a garage not being used, broken down and gathering dust then he would love the opportunity to buy it back and restore it. He would even just love a recent photo of it and to be able to know where it is. He did so much work to the car. A lot of time and love went into it.
He has found the original documents for the car and would like the new owner to have them if they were interested in them.
If there is any way that someone could advise us on how we can go about this we would be so thankful.
Attachments
25C61DDC-9594-4BA1-AA48-8B6A926D6379.jpeg and
29F6F519-E3B1-4410-97C9-D3FE2F02E512.jpeg and
AE4534F1-5898-477B-BD56-15158A4D52CB.jpeg and
DB008810-8448-4A6C-9E29-F4ED0013F10C.jpeg and
FrancesscaHudson1990
New-tral

PostPost by: HCA » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:00 pm

You have taken one avenue by showing the registration number here - good if the car is in the hands of an active forum member.

Unless things have changed since I left brexitland, It is, or was, nigh on impossible to get owner information from DVLA unless it was for a good reason or it is requested by law enforcement. I doubt you have a police terminal, so your only recourse is DVLA who might not think your request is good enough reason. But hey, give it a try!

There are other Lotus forums. Worth asking in these as well
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: FrancesscaHudson1990 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:55 pm

HCA wrote:You have taken one avenue by showing the registration number here - good if the car is in the hands of an active forum member.

Unless things have changed since I left brexitland, It is, or was, nigh on impossible to get owner information from DVLA unless it was for a good reason or it is requested by law enforcement. I doubt you have a police terminal, so your only recourse is DVLA who might not think your request is good enough reason. But hey, give it a try!

There are other Lotus forums. Worth asking in these as well

Thank you for your response. Yes I did think the only way would maybe be to fill out a v888 form for the dvla. But not sure if they will help. Worth a shot I suppose.
I have joined another lotus forum. I’ll keep looking for others. Thank you very much
FrancesscaHudson1990
New-tral

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:32 pm

Hi Francessca,

I do keep a register of all Elans. However, sad to say I have no record of your father's old Plus 2S 130 under that registration number. If you could kindly let me have the VIN, I may have something under that. You can write to me via private message on this forum or via my website, as below.

I can tell you the car was first registered in Derbyshire on 16 April 1973.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: