Upcoming Meets

PostPost by: Martynt1972 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:55 pm

Hi Folks,
I will be going to the National Classic Car Show at the NEC but was wondering if there are any other meets in the midlands area coming up? As a slight aside, I am looking to potentially buy a plus2 so want to ask a cheeky question. If there is anyone in the Derby area that could give me a spin in their plus2 that would be appreciated as I have yet to go on one? Happy to travel to the owners location & cover any fuel costs plus also happy to by lunch!

Regards,
Martyn.
Martynt1972
New-tral

PostPost by: cliveyboy » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:31 pm

Hello Martyn
I am sure there will be plenty of owners along shortly offering you a ride and advice on Plus 2 ownership.
You are doing it the right way by joining the forum and seeking help from fellow owners.
I have an Elan Sprint and regularly get contacted by potential owners seeking advice. Unfortunately I am based down in Oxfordshire otherwise you would have an offer of a ride in an Elan.
I did write a buyers guide giving some general pointers and major expenditure costs. I would be happy to forward a copy if you PM me.
There are always local owners meetings each month. Some Derbyshire forum members should be able to tell you where and when.
A good one I find is the Club Lotus track day meeting at Castle Combe which happens in May. You get the entire Lotus range there with lots of owners happy to talk about their cars.
Clive
1972 Elan Sprint FHC
cliveyboy
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elan66 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:03 pm

Castle Combe is a great day weather permitting, but you get to see plenty of Elans, a few plus 2's etc Don't discount the zetec Elans they are great cars in there own right , generally a few go along. The sprint guys are great, they are easy to spot with their anoraks :lol:
elan66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: cliveyboy » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:30 am

Martyn.
A lot depends on budget. If you have £30K that will give you choice of most Plus 2's on the market including some Zetec conversions and at this price they should all be excellent well sorted examples. £20K should get you some very nice examples with potential for improvement over time. These are also the ones that you can drive without worrying too much about every little scratch etc.
Once you start going below £20K you enter into needing work, paint job, restoration projects etc
And regarding aspersions about Sprint owners there's nothing wrong with anoraks they are very practical.
Although as I am not a purist I see myself more leather jacket, medallion and driving gloves, Carlos Fandango style.
Clive
1972 Elan Sprint FHC
cliveyboy
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:50 am

"The sprint guys are great, they are easy to spot with their anoraks"

I resemble that remark!

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elan66 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:38 pm

Tim you have been a great help to a lot of people my friend
Is it right Sprint anoraks are made from anoraks that have been previously hard to sell and go for a premium price :lol:
elan66
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: