Standard Plus 2 track front and rear. Figures required

PostPost by: berni29 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:25 am

Hi Guys and happy holidays to all.

Does anyone know the correct factory standard track of a Lotus Elan +2 please. Front and Rear.

I have seen the workshop drawings on the net and they look wrong. I have read that the figures are just carried over from the Elan.

I have also seen them stated as 47.1" front, 48.1" rear in online databases, but that is too narrow.

I am taking track to be tyre centre to tyre centre.

I need some 14" minilite style wheels to be made up to give me the exact factory track, but on a Spydercars Zetec Sierra RSC.

I did measure my standard Zetec chassis with standard suspension on chrome rimmed standard steel wheels and got 1375mm (54.13") front and rear. But that was with a steel tape and it is just one data point.

Someone must have the homologation figures which should be correct. Real world data also welcomed. The lower suspension arms would need to be more or less horizontal to give the correct numbers.

Thanks in advance

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:27 pm

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:22 pm

john.p.clegg wrote:<a class="vglnk" href="https://lotuselan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=19506" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>lotuselan</span><span>.</span><span>net</span><span>/</span><span>forums</span><span>/</span><span>viewtopic</span><span>.</span><span>php</span><span>?</span><span>f</span><span>=</span><span>42</span><span>&</span><span>t</span><span>=</span><span>19506</span></a>

John ;-)

Hello John

Thank you so much. That is really helpful and makes sense. I did use the search function promise!

All the best

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: