HISTORY HELP

PostPost by: Classic connections » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:40 am

Post removed
Last edited by Classic connections on Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Classic connections
New-tral

PostPost by: trw99 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:09 pm

From my record of famous owners, it could be:

Cilla Black - if one might define her as a rock star! She bought two, so as to always have one available, but her husband Bill wanted to sue Lotus when it broke down on the M4 going to London Airport - she missed her flight, ruined her hair do etc. Allegedly.

Or

Nick Mason - A definite rockster! The Pink Floyd drummer had a +2 in 1969 and he reported owning 'a succession of Elans in the late 60s, early 70s as his everyday cars. "My first band-pay cheque car was a Lotus Elan. It was a new car at the time, but I bought it second hand. Its numberplate was 21 PF, which seemed very appropriate." The other four band members had E type Jaguars.

It does not seem to me that Mason would paint any car of his with flames, but as we know, back in the 60s anything went! I suppose you could write and ask him?

Of course, it is entirely probable that the car belonged to someone else entirely and I just do not know about it. But those are the two 'rockers' I know of who owned a +2 at that time, but the details (VIN, Reg no) of which I have no record.

Before making any claim, you would need to have some pretty good proof that your elderly gentleman PO remembered correctly.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Classic connections » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:58 pm

Post remove
Last edited by Classic connections on Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Classic connections
New-tral

PostPost by: McBiter » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:04 pm

Why are you asking these questions when the car is up for auction?
Are you the vendor or possible buyer?
McBiter
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Classic connections » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:14 pm

I’m the vendor

Just trying to find more history
Classic connections
New-tral

PostPost by: Classic connections » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:04 pm

Post removed
Classic connections