Lotus Elan

LOTUS ELAN PLUS 2 JPS 130/5

PostPost by: GeorgeStevens » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:40 pm

Hi All

In October 1973 me and my partner at the time purchased two new Elan Plus 2's from Len Street the Lotus Dealers in Chelsea. One was a white 130/5 and mine was a JPS black and gold 130/5.

Is there any way that I can trace if mine is still owned and if so, would love to chat to the owner as I am sure I could tell him a few stories about all the troubles I had with it from brand new? Crazy as it may sound, I went on to have another two Lotus's, an Eclat and an Esprit Turbo, both also troublesome. You must be mad, I hear you say, but once a Lotus lover, always a Lotus lover.

Unfortunately, I had a stroke nine years ago at the age of 66 and the DVLA stopped me from driving. My last performance car at that time was a Caterham 7 Supersprint with a 1700 cross-flow engine, which was great fun to drive.

Here's hoping one of you enthusiasts may be able to help me.
GeorgeStevens
New-tral

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:09 pm

George
A quick start would be this...

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jono » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:17 pm

Do you recall the registration number George - I had a JPS Plus 2 which I sold to a friend who restored it and I seem to recall it may have been supplied by Len Street?
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:08 pm

George,

You asked this question on The Lotus Forums (as John Honeyball) in 2018, to which I replied and subsequently sent you an email with details of your old JPS Plus 2, as well as a speculation about your business partners white car. If you have lost that email, I shall happily resend it to you.

Your old car is currently taxed until June 2022. It last had a MoT test in June 2017, which it passed. In other words the car is alive and currently being driven on the public road.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: