Gauge bezels

PostPost by: mikealdren » Sat May 08, 2021 10:20 am

Anyone changes the bezels on a 2" Smiths gauge?

I'm looking to convert gauge with a bevelled bezel to a flat bezel to match my existing gauges. I bought a flat bezel online but the depth of the bezel is only 2.45mm compared with 3.1mm on my other gauges and I suspect that the tabs won't be long enough to bend over the gauge. Looking at the Auto Electrical Spares website, they also show the depth of their (out of stock) part as 2.5mm.

DSC06344.JPG and
mikealdren
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:13 am

Have actually tried to fit it? Half a mil difference it might go on. Otherwise you could take out the rubber and use a thin sliver of silicone instead.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mikealdren » Sat May 08, 2021 5:11 pm

Hi Steve,
Not tried yet, partly because another thread said that it won't fit. I'll try taking the existing bezel off tomorrow. Even if it does fit, the gauge will sit closer to the dash than the other gauges as the bezel is shallower. 0.5mm may not seem much but it looks a lot when you put the bezels next to each other.
mikealdren
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:26 pm

You could always fit a black band around the outer case which wouldn’t be seen and would have the gauge stick out a little. I honestly don’t think you of anyone else would notice.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Sun May 09, 2021 3:39 am

I got several bezels through Moss and Nisonger I’m pretty sure, Gordon
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: