Lotus Elan +2S - YouTube film

PostPost by: nickruss » Wed May 05, 2021 9:43 am

Here's a short film about my Lotus Elan +2 Zetec Spyder filmed in the beautiful hills of South Wales:

https://youtu.be/WFUgk2Te2d4

_2__Lotus_Elan_Plus_2S_Zetec_Spyder_Restomod___The_Small_Car_With_a_Big_Place_in_History_-_YouTube.jpg and
nickruss
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: JimE » Wed May 05, 2021 6:29 pm

Lovely video. Check the smell of petrol. It's normal if the car is standing as the petrol tank breather pipes, towards the back of the car, can emit fumes. I block them off when the car is in the garage. If it's coming from the engine bay investigate further. I've seen a plus two go up in flames because of a petrol leak. Jim
JimE
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: JJ66 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:05 pm

Hi Russ,

We know each other from Instagram. I have just sorted the breathers on my +2 as the garage always smelt badly of petrol due to large diameter pipes and vapour-syphoning. I've just posted a brief description of what I did on the Fuel system page of this forum, check it out and contact me if you want any advice or some of the bits that I have left over.

Cheers, Jonathan (JJ66)
JJ66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: JJ66 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:06 pm

JJ66 wrote:Hi Russ,

We know each other from Instagram. I have just sorted the breathers on my +2 as the garage always smelt badly of petrol due to large diameter pipes and vapour-syphoning. I've just posted a brief description of what I did on the Fuel system page of this forum, check it out and contact me if you want any advice or some of the bits that I have left over.

Cheers, Jonathan (JJ66)

Sorry, Nick, not Russ!!! Doh!
JJ66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: JJ66 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:08 pm

JJ66 wrote:
JJ66 wrote:Hi Russ,

Cheers, Jonathan (JJ66)

Sorry, Nick, not Russ!!! Doh!

Link to the page where I posted the breather mod: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=48487&start=30
JJ66
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: