New Plus 2

PostPost by: jono » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:52 pm

Thanks for the kind words of encouragment, fellow Jonathan!

When you get your bumpers plated make sure to use Derby they really are superb and actually no more expensive than any other firm and they actually quote and then stick to it.

I recently left the front bumper, gearstick and window frames with them - I thought what the hell, I would only regret not doing it.
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JJ66 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:55 pm

jono wrote:Thanks for the kind words of encouragment, fellow Jonathan!

When you get your bumpers plated make sure to use Derby they really are superb and actually no more expensive than any other firm and they actually quote and then stick to it.

I recently left the front bumper, gearstick and window frames with them - I thought what the hell, I would only regret not doing it.

Yes, thanks, I will check out Derby plating. I had previously had a place in Mexborough recommended to me, but I will definitely give the Derby guys a try, the finish on yours is really good.
JJ66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:52 am

Really impressive Jono. It's great to see your progress. My car's Monaco White.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jono » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:39 pm

I've recently had one of those phases in a project where I've lost my mojo (you'll notice the house!) and have not done much for sveral months now. However I've been back to it today and though I would post a few pictures up to show where I'm at.

In essence the rolling shell is complete, the engine and gearbox is built and I just need to put it all together now and trim the interior - easier said that done :)
Attachments
P1210811 (Copy).jpg and
P1210808 (Copy).jpg and
P1210802 (Copy).jpg and
P1210801 (Copy).jpg and
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JJ66 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:41 pm

Looking good!! I see it is an F plate and so an early car, I had an early one some years back, it was car No. 60, is yours of a similar vintage? Regarding playing my rear bumper is currently in Mexborough being played, I got a quote from Derby plating but they were twice the price of Prestige Plating at Mexborough. I’ve just heard it’s ready for collection so I’ll see what it’s like soon. Keep up the good work!!
JJ66
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: