Plus 2 from Down Under

PostPost by: ClashofLotus » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:45 am

Hey guys,

I rudely got into posting without really introducing myself, I have been on the forum before but I totally cant remember what my handle was so will start again from scratch. As you can probably tell from the title I'm from Australia and I am in my late 20's almost early 30's and I love all things Lotus!

I currently have 3 cars and bike... which is probably why the lotus is currently in a state of rebuilding! So currently I have a '69 1600 Ford Cortina 2 Door, a '95 Pajero (or Shogun in the UK) and a '68 Lotus Elan +2 (though it has had the nose replaced at one point in its life as it supports fog lamps which i think was a feature of the later +2S?) and finally I own a new Triumph Dayton 675.

So just a small collection as my old man has more than twice as many cars, much to the disgust of my mum and I think every time my girlfriend sees my dads collection she gets a little scared that's what mine will become! I can only hope! :)

So the stage I am at is the everything is almost disassembled and its almost ready to strip all the paint back and repair any existing damage (not much but a bit here and there).

Here are some pics of the car now:

and the link to my google+ album. :) https://plus.google.com/photos/107798268406671546267/albums/5629058663592615665?hl=en
ClashofLotus
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: blackandgold » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:57 am

Welcome to the forum,

There is a lot of good information to found in the archives and if you post a query somebody will normaly help you out

But beware of grumpy frenchmen who are very protective about their paintjobs

What part of Australia are you located ?
Mark

1973 +2 S130 with BDA
blackandgold
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ClashofLotus » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:56 am

Thanks Mark!

I will have to watch out for those frenchmen! I hear they are mostly harmless :)

I have been digging around these forums a bit now and you are right there has been an answer to almost everything! CV rear end, alternator conversion, suspension and that's just to name a few things. A really great site, would recommend to any lotus elan fan.

The Lotus is currently housed in Melbourne but at present I am living in Canberra, so the car has been put on hold for the time being until i can either move it up here or get transferred back to Melbourne!

I cant wait till i get back into it all!
ClashofLotus
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:04 am

Is it a left hand drive or right hand drive car? (looking at the first and last piccy)?

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ClashofLotus » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Hey John,

It was a RHD when I got it, a UK car that my dad imported like 9 years ago...

You can see in picture 3 where the steering column come's through on the RHS right near the transmission tunnel (on the left of that picture but the RHS of the car... )

:)

It was a runner before I got my hands on it... now just a shell and a boxes of parts... and named plastic bags!

Adam
ClashofLotus
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:19 am

Welcome Adam,
I now can read your background... As the others ll do.
I am sure that you ll enjoy that forum, and only hope that my first message gave you some inspiration, more than frenchmen's fear!
Cheers,
Christian. :mrgreen:
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: ClashofLotus » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:41 am

Only inspiration Christian!

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I will have to post up some pics of how it was before...

Cheers,

Adam
ClashofLotus
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: