+2 Needed - Elan Section Hickman Tribute Stand at Donington

PostPost by: trw99 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:52 am

Would any +2/Plus Two owner be willing to allow their car to be on the Elan Section stand at Donington this year?

We are putting together the stand with Club Lotus as a tribute to Ron Hickman. We already have a S1 Elan, a Sprint and S1 Europa, so need a +2 to complete the examples of his design genius.

If you are happy for your pride and joy to be on the stand, you will need to have the car there an hour before opening each day (Sat 13 and Sun 14 Aug) and can drive off after the show has closed each day. We will give you a free pass to the show and lots of help and enthusiasm!

Please PM or email me.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:47 pm

I meant to include that we would be happy to have a barn find, wreck, semi restored car as much as a pristine one.

Why? Well, people would come along and see the car and be able to imagine what they would do to it, how they would go about restoring, what colour they might have it in. It would make an interesting counter-point to all the other cars around, too!

We have the offer of a car for one day, so if you would like yours to be on display the other day, please get in touch. We can arrange which day suits best later.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Don't forget to have a Mk1 Workmate on the stand too.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jmp » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:58 am

If I've collected it you are more than willing to have this elan on the stand. I would need to bring it on a trailer as I won't have got round to putting an mot on it by then though.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... AQ:GB:1123

If you want to e-mail me it's:

[email protected]
jmp
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: spridget » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:46 am

Hi
I've got an early plus 2 and a Mk 1 workmate, the heavy steel one.
Unfortunately I'm in France ... :cry:

It's a pity, I'm sure you 'll have good times at Donington

Franck
50/0302 +2, Frogeye
spridget
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: seaandmoor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi, I'm of the same name but no relation - just coincidence.
It might be difficult as last time I checked on DVLA's website there were only about 175 plus 2's taxed and tested on the road.
Unfortunately I have commitments then and rather too far away in Devon otherwise I would've liked to offer my all original 130/5
I did visit the Donnington Lotus weekend about 3 years ago and enjoyed it very much.
Best regards.
seaandmoor
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:44 am

Workmate sounds like a winning idea Pete. Good luck with the event.
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:02 pm

A note to thank all of you who very kindly got in touch with me to help out. We shall have two different +2s on the stand, one on Saturday and one on Sunday, thanks to the generosity of two well known listers on here.

Don't forget the CLES stand will be acting as the http://www.lotuselan.net meeting point too. Look forward to seeing you all at Donington very soon.

Tim

PS Anyone coming from North America, Australia or other far flung places?
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:22 pm

I believe I could deliver on the early Workmate!
A friend has a well used one in his Garage, it's the one with the die-cast aluminium legs etc.
That is "the expensive version that none of the tool firms wanted to put on the market" (I think)
Should I bring it with me?

John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:52 pm

John

Yes please, that would be excellent!

Thanks

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: