Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:45 pm

thanks for climbing up that hill pete.... :mrgreen:
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gerrym » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:50 pm

Very Nice, Very Orange.

Early Plus 2 with S130 Alloys - good combination.

The head on photo really demonstrates why the early cars look so much cleaner Very tempted to glass in the pods for the driving lights. I see this car has some modern "spots" fitted in the corner of the grill aperature. For signalling?

Regards

Gerry
gerrym
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:04 pm

gerrym wrote:Very Nice, Very Orange.

:(
I was just thinking how nice and red it looked.......carnival red that is......
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 pm

gerrym wrote:I see this car has some modern "spots" fitted in the corner of the grill aperature. For signalling?

and seeing at night.....
theyre the smallest I could find and are only about 2" and fitted just nicely infront of the grill with just a couple of tiny holes for the mounting bracket.......easy to take out.....:)
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Very nice.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JJDraper » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:21 am

I love the red, with a hint of orange. The colour changes depending on the light and camera used. I think the clean lines of the early model look pure, without the extra badging of the later models. I think the colour is more 'Fun' than 'Serious racer' red. Makes me think I should have gone for the pure colour as well!

I was up in your neck of the woods (Macc) last weekend in my +2 and, to coin a phrase - "you meet the nicest people in a Lotus"! Parked up and a sprightly older gent walked up, looked the car over and said 'Wow!' and he then reminisced about his youth, building and racing space frame Ford 10 based specials, and conversations with Colin in the pits about the merits of his racers. Colin, of course would be trying to rubbish the Ford 10 special and saying he should be buying one of his new Lotus 6 specials.... I went inside for a cup of tea, and within 5 minutes, the gent was back with some photos of his specials and more memories of his youth and of some of Colin's devious ways to extract more power from innocent looking engines.

Jeremy
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: innesw » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:54 am

Deffinately got a "phwoar!" from me when I saw this picture, looks beautiful!

Innes
Innes
1965 Elan S2 (26/4681)
1973 Elan+2S 130/5 JPS
innesw
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:16 pm

Great looking car. The Plus 2's lines really suit a strong colour like you selected. Beautiful job on all the shut lines!

I did a similar thing with my car; left off the corner reflectors that were originally attached. Passed our version of MOT without them, and looks a lot better. Maybe your side of the pond the reflectors weren't there originally?

I have similar modern lamps at the front (PIAA), although I mounted them behind the grille mesh on a ali bracket from side to side between the light pod openings. Can't really see them. The column switch (modified) provides for flash to pass. The rear screen heater switch turn the lamps on & off. Makes a nice feature. Always have liked the front face without the chrome grille surround. 8)

Thanks for sharing.
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:19 am

just ashame Ive got to sell it :(
anyone interested?
cheers
Gareth
theelanman