can any recommend a good MOT tester near Basignstoke?

PostPost by: phatmendus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:07 am

Hi...

After the misery of yesterdays MOT I have decided that the test man is being difficult so I need to find someone who understands the elan to get it through. Can anyone local to Basingstoke/Odiham area who they recommend please?

cheers

Simon
phatmendus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:27 am

Sorry cant recommend anyone but once a car has been issued a failed MOT doesn't it get recorded on the central computer? if you take it somewhere else wont it show up on the file? or are you just hoping for a more reasonable tester?.....good luck
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gerrym » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:47 am

Brian and Simon, you are perfectly entitled to take the car to a different MOT testing station. They will test from scratch and won't see any previous failures until at the end of the test. The reason this VOSA system is arranged this way is to prevent undue influence on the Tester. The reason I know this is because my wife's car (bought from new, low miles, etc) was recently failed by the main dealer. I checked out both defects at home and could not find any problem. Took the car to an independent garage where it was tested and passed it's MOT (experienced motor mechanic in charhge).

In my opinion, for the sake of the ?55 fee its just better to move on. There is of course a formal appeal system if you want to get bogged down with that.
Last edited by gerrym on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerrym
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: phatmendus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:09 pm

thanks guys.

I will try to reason with them, and if else fails, ill go somewhere reasonable!

cheers

Simon
phatmendus
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: