Which of these S2 Europa parts will fit an elan plus 2

PostPost by: denicholls2 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:00 pm

There's a lot of dodging around the lens question. There are three lens variants in the same form factor that I'm aware of:

All red (Jaguar)
Red with white backup lights (Europa S2 and Twincam Federal)
Red with white backup and yellow (is it brake or tail?) (Europa S2 and Twincam European)

The second two variants were used in some Elans.

Option 1 is commonly available from British parts suppliers
Option 2 can be sourced new from a friend of Steve Veris' (see the Europa list referenced above)
Option 3 can be sourced from Banks (and others, I'm sure).

S1 Europas used the Lancia assembly. Nobody who has one will sell it to you accidentally. :)

I understand front bumper is the same, would be surprised if even mounts were different 'cause it was outsourced originally.

Rear bumper, no way!

Steering wheel fits. All cars used the Spitfire column (at various MK levels over the years). But since the Spit ones you'll find are likely ugly, you're much better off finding the wheel you want and getting a Grant or other adapter to make it fit the Spit splines. I believe all TR's use the same splines, so you're not limited to Spit-GT6 here (though they're all still ugly.)
denicholls2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:26 pm

MY Europa bumper mounts with bolts right through the fiber glass --the elan has never had a bumper so I don't know ----assume a through bolt in keeping with the low cost factor -so heres what I did with the wheel ----bought a CHEAP 10 inch ID mountion wheel on sale --made a center piece of aluminum to accept the europa center horn button and small round spacer held in place with washers -futz around with the steering shaft length -and there you go -------ed
Attachments
P1010021.JPG
P1010021.JPG (21.41 KiB) Viewed 735 times
P1010018.JPG
P1010018.JPG (21.6 KiB) Viewed 822 times
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:25 pm

now for the elan I purchased an undrilled race wheel and made it fit the adaptor ----for the 7 I used an undrilled wheel and welded a splined quick release to the shaft and drilled the wheel to fit --both horn buttons are on the dash UNTIL i FIND A CHEAP HORN BUTTON --and a s1 dash pad ----the bumpers as I stated are ford Anglia turned upside down ----very pricey part ------ :lol: ---ed
Attachments
P1010024.JPG
P1010024.JPG (20.86 KiB) Viewed 724 times
P1010023.JPG
P1010023.JPG (22.38 KiB) Viewed 722 times
P1010022.JPG
P1010022.JPG (25.92 KiB) Viewed 723 times
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: