Blacktop Zetec

PostPost by: gerrym » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Hi, anyone currently fitting a blacktop (later type) Zetec engine to a Plus2? Would like some advise on Exhaust manifold options
Thanks Gerry
gerrym
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: mikealdren » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:54 am

Gerry,
I'm doing a Spyder Zetec conversion and I'll be fitting their exhaust.
I've got a Focus engine and one of the issues is the water pump outlet which slants backwards and would foul the exhaust.
Andy (at Spyder) cuts the outlet and ally welds the outlet back at a more appropriate angle, I'll probably get him to do mine.
The Spyder exhaust is then ok, it goes round the dipstick tube, the starter motor and the Spyder chassis and anti-roll bar.
I guess I'm avoiding many of the issues by going the Spyder route.
Good luck
Mike
mikealdren
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gerrym » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:28 pm

Mike, thanks for your reply, you don't have any photos do you.

I've got a slightly different setup (starter motor on drivers side and concentric release clutch so slightly less obstacles for exhaust to clear). I might have a look at the routing and model it with 8mm od rod to see if it makes sense.

Gerry
gerrym
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: mikealdren » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:04 am

Gerry,
I haven't got as far as installing yet but I have lots of pictures of the Spyder setup both in a chassis and installed in a car which I took to help me.
Try these. The first three are a silver top taken at Stoneleigh and the last one shows the water pump detail on a focus engine take last week at Donnington.
If you want higher resolution pics, send me a PM with your EMail address and I can forward them - we're limited to 1024*900 pixels here.
Attachments
IMG_2428 edited.jpg and
IMG_2302 edited.jpg and
IMG_2292 edited.jpg and
IMG_2291 edited.jpg and
mikealdren
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gerrym » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:36 pm

Replying to my own posts sorry. Anybody interested, here are some photos of a blacktop Zetec dressed for Elan service??
Thanks Chris at Raceline
Attachments
BLACKTOP ZETEC.doc
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 588 times
ZETEC ACCESORY DRIVE.doc
(540 KiB) Downloaded 524 times
gerrym
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: