Any one building a Zetec??

PostPost by: tower of strength » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:27 pm

Hi Guys, is any body currently building a Zetec +2 near to Luton in Bedfordshire? If possible I'd like to have a look at the chassis and engine/gearbox goodies.

Thanks

Mark
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Garibaldi » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:55 pm

Is this a relatively easy swop?
GP

tower of strength wrote:Hi Guys, is any body currently building a Zetec +2 near to Luton in Bedfordshire? If possible I'd like to have a look at the chassis and engine/gearbox goodies.

Thanks

Mark
Garibaldi
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: fitzy1 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:12 pm

I've just completed a full spyder zetec conversion and have loads of photos etc, I'm based east midlands. If you want to visit let me know contact details . I just love the car.

fitzy
fitzy1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Tintin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:53 am

I've just completed a full spyder zetec conversion and have loads of photos etc, I'm based east midlands. If you want to visit let me know contact details . I just love the car.

fitzy

I'd be most interested in photos of the conversion as I just started a full resto on a +2 and will most probably use a Zetec. Could you post/mail them?

Tim
--
1964 Norton Atlas - 1974 Lotus 130/5
Parts falling of these vehicles are of the
finest british craftsmenship
Tintin
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:41 pm

thanks for the reply Fitzy,

could you mail me some pics of the chassis /engine/gearbox mounts, I have a Spyder chassis(not spaceframe) and want to see if I can squeeze the MT75 onto the Twink initially then later possibly drop a Zetec in as well.

thanks

Mark
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: mikealdren » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:18 pm

I've taken the plunge ans started rebuilding my old +2 to Spyder Zetec spec.
I've stripped it down and most of the paint is off, chassis next.
I visited Andy at Spyder and he was a mine of useful info but there are loads of changes from the standard car and no guides to work from. Has anyone kept notes of a conversion? I'm starting notes now for future reference but it would be great to learn from someone else's experience.

Mike
mikealdren
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:26 pm

Hi guys,

there's been a lot written on this subject in the past. It would pay you to have a flip through the archives.
At one time it was suggested that there could be Zetec heading, also a modifications heading for the forum but I think that going back & transferring all previous stuff into new files would have been too much work.
Like I said there's a lot of info already here if you're prepared to search for it.
Regards
John.
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: