Earliest plus2?

PostPost by: JJDraper » Sun May 27, 2007 5:19 pm

Nobody seems to have mentioned this site yet. Not updated since 2002, but still an interesting read..

http://hemsidor.torget.se/users/p/plus2/

Is the site still being maintatined? If not, is there an alternative regsiter?

My +2 is no.328, but is slightly disguised, as it must have hade a new nose at some time, with fog lamps. The web link with the chassis/engine build list confirms that I still have the original block & head..

I have a pair of doors from chassis no. 800 (engraved on the inner shell), and the door handles were still the unitary type.

Jeremy
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Sun May 27, 2007 6:01 pm

Jeremy, the register doesn't appear to be live, I emailed details of 3 cars that I had information on about a year ago, a friend emailed details of his car 3 years ago and none of these appear on the register.

Regarding the nose job, number 017 has had a nose fitted that will take fog lamps, but not the usual 's' type. I'll post some pics when I can.

We should have a register on this forum,

Mark
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Tue May 29, 2007 8:18 am

I went to Castle Coombe at the weekend, and this car reminded me that early Plus 2 cars had grey wheels rather than silver. They were only fitted on the first 100 or so cars from memory, but obviously the owner of this later car liked them.
Mark
Attachments
260507 073b.jpg and
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Tue May 29, 2007 12:35 pm

Hi

Sadly I could not make the weekend, was the weather kind?

I snapped the same car a while ago, my car has different colour silver wheels.

Mine if nearest the camera.

Jason
Attachments
Blue.JPG and
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Tue May 29, 2007 2:26 pm

Hi Jason....thought I recognised it, and it was the oldest Plus 2 I saw there. It was a great day...just posted some pics in the gallery.
Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Wed May 30, 2007 1:00 am

since aquiring 50/017 I have been doing some web research, number 14 which was part of the Lotus test fleet is on Trevor Sparrows site, showing it in red, restored, and at Donington in 2000, OEH 120F, is it still around or its where abouts known?

edited to add, according to the +2 register 50/018 is in Canada, condition unknown data from 2004

Regards

Mark
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: