my next lotus..

PostPost by: 661 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:56 pm

denicholls2 wrote:Isn't that the color combination of the car Sean22 is looking for? :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:08 pm

denicholls2 wrote:Isn't that the color combination of the car Sean22 is looking for? :shock:

Thanks Chris.

Still going well I am told and three 'jags' to go and treatment is finished. I cant believe it. It was a dark tunnel at times. Now getting brighter though. Fingers crossed.

Many thanks to all for the good wishes and remarks on the new car. Looking forward to picking it up.

Best wishes and the best of health to all ... :wink:

Alex....
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:04 pm

As you were with the +2..

Sad to tell I did not bring it back with me from Holland. Nice car but I was looking for one with nothing to be done to it. Me being mighty picky the paintwork was just not up to what I needed it to be..

The vendor has a waiting list for it though so he is not unhappy.

On the other hand I am ,,, Costs involved in this little misadventure are quite a lot...

Win some lose some,..... :|

Alex...
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vincereynard » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Alex,

The costs are not relevant. Look on it as an adventure in itself.

I also have a potential health problem which may make saving a few quid pointless. Pretty soon I hope to travel to Ireland to look at a car. It may be worth the trip, it may not. S*d the money!

Mind you I am going to look at a Lotus :)

Vince
vincereynard
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:17 pm

A shame the car wasn't up to your expectations Alex. I feel I can now pick a hole or two in it without upsetting you.

What is going on with that power bulge in the middle of the bonnet?........ Oh I get it..... Someone thought it would be a good idea to use an ST170 VVT engine instead of a normal 2 litre Zetec. Probably for no good reason other than it was kicking around going spare.

How bad was the paint? Was it blistered and stress cracked? It looks good in the photos, but they obviously lie.

Regards

Alan
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Matt Elan » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi Alex hope all is well with you and the Plus 2 does look nice
Matt
Matthew Vale - Classic Motoring Author
1968 Plus 2 - Somewhat cosmetically and mechanically modified
1969 Plus 2S - Currently undergoing nut and bolt restoration
Visit me on matthewvale.com
Matt Elan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:58 pm

Salut Alex

Been there (well, Denmark actually) and had a similar disappointment, too. The worst bit was that the missus was supposed to come with me to make a weekend of it. However we hadn't been married long and she hadn't changed her name on her passport - begging and genuine ignorance didn't work - I left her at the airport to catch a bus home.

Hope you find a nice car, soon (I might be selling mine to buy an Elise - it's not reasonable at my living standards level to keep two. However it's a CN +2S/130 with a TC. Nice paint, though :D ).

@+

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:45 pm

Spyder fan wrote:A shame the car wasn't up to your expectations Alex. I feel I can now pick a hole or two in it without upsetting you.

What is going on with that power bulge in the middle of the bonnet?........ Oh I get it..... Someone thought it would be a good idea to use an ST170 VVT engine instead of a normal 2 litre Zetec. Probably for no good reason other than it was kicking around going spare.

How bad was the paint? Was it blistered and stress cracked? It looks good in the photos, but they obviously lie.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan.

The paintwork was quite poor all over with micro blisters and crazing etc. There was also a bad area of repair work gone wrong, I was somewhat surprised by this as the description and reality were quite a bit apart.

Looking for an M100 as a toy now..

Take care you all ...

Al'.....
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Rob P » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:48 pm

alexblack13 wrote:Hi Alan.
The paintwork was quite poor all over with micro blisters and crazing etc. There was also a bad area of repair work gone wrong, I was somewhat surprised by this as the description and reality were quite a bit apart.

Looking for an M100 as a toy now..

Take care you all ...
Al'.....

Hi Alex,
If you are looking for an M100 then can I suggest the Lotuselancentral.com as a good web site to check out any information relating to these cars.
I have an M100 as a regular driver to go alongside the Elan S4 and love it. Be very careful when purchasing though as there are some areas to be concerned about structurally around the outriggers so research this before buying.
There are a few nice cars about so happy hunting and I hope you enjoy the car when you get it. Very different to the Elan Sprint but definitely plenty of fun factor in there.

Rob P
Simplify and add lightness

Lotus Elan S4 Coupe - Wedgewood Blue
Lotus Elise S1 - Racing Green
Rob P
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: