Fuel tank breather arrangement for an EFI setup.

PostPost by: berni29 » Sat Oct 19, 2024 8:28 pm

Hi There

Can I please have the forums thoughts on the best breather arrangement for my +2 please. I am using a "swirlpot" as pictured in the boot. One of the fuel tank breather connections has a pipe that runs to the neck of the fuel filler cap as pictured. The other is connected to a long pipe that is open to the atmosphere. This was how I got the car when it was running carbs.

I am thinking that I will have to connect one tank breather directly to the fuel return line. The other breather will have to vent to atmosphere through a check valve (mounted higher than the tank) rather than over the roof.

As far as the swirlpot goes, one connection is the gravity fed inlet for fuel directly from the tank. The pump outlet goes directly to the fuel rail on the engine. So I will only need 2 connections at the swirlpot.

I could run the fuel return to the swirlpot and the overflow from the swirlpot to the non vented breather, but what would the point be? It would be worse because the returning fuel would potentially be warm, and the tank is a lot bigger than the swirlpot.

Many thanks in advance!

Berni
Attachments
IMG_1474 Large.jpeg and
IMG_1472 Large.jpeg and
IMG_1471 Large.jpeg and
IMG_1468 Large.jpeg and
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: