Malcolm Rickett’s bbq 2024

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:56 pm

A few pictures.

Click on any of the images and it will launch a new window where you can scroll through all of the pictures.

A Highlight was Clive Chapman using an Eletre as a tow car for a prototype Eleven. Another was the turn out and lots of great cars to see.

A slight downer was that Malcolm was too unwell to attend :( , hopefully we will see him again at future events.

My good friend Albert Clements and his wife Hazel displayed their Lotus 69 twincam powered formula 3 on the lawn. Albert being a former HSCC formula 3 champion and long time Lotus collector he is often to be found at these type of events.

[img][img]https://i.ibb.co/q1jQMbd/IMG-20240914-135400.jpg[/img]
Image[/img]

Albert & Hazel’s Lotus 69
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elan66 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:31 pm

Cheers for posting those Alan, really good day as always, real shame Malcolm couldn't make it, hope he feels better soon,
The engine bay of the red plus 2 was really superb
elan66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:48 pm

Yes a nice day, a real shame that Malcolm was unwell, Martin was doing a sterling job in his absence.

The engine bay of the red +2 was a real work of art, it gave the owner a lot of pleasure to detail and enhance every nut & bolt as well as tidy up the heap of spaghetti and relays that always mar the engine bay of a +2 by simply deleting them. It also gave a lot of pleasure to those that saw his work. There’s no need to chrome the housing of the window wiper motor, and polish bolts and fixings but it does look good…..

I missed seeing Bill Williams and his ex Malcolm Ricketts S3, how are you Bill? Long time no speak.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: