Posting Photographs Help Please

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:23 pm

I have managed to find a tutorial by Jeff Cocking on the subject. This sounds frighteningly involved, and at the end Jeff suggests sending your photo to the Test Section. The only way I can find the Test Section is via a google search! Surely that cannot be right.

I am a bit of an old Luddite, I don’t do well with computer technology, which was one of the reasons for early retirement. I have never owned a camera of any type until I was persuaded to buy an I pad. I do have a mobile phone, but it is a dumb phone for a dumb old man.

I thought I should try again to take and post a photo, can someone help with an idiots guide?
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardS » Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:55 am

Hi Richard
I presume this is the tutorial you looked at

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=27816&start=

If you follow the steps one by one it is not that complicated. I was about to take some screenshots of the procedure but Jeff’s screenshots seem fine. Suggest you take a photo with your iPad of anything and try and reply to this message with the photo included….and see if it works!
If not let me know where you are stuck and I’ll try and help.
Ignore “Test Section” which is not relevant

Richard
Lotus Elan Sprint FHC 1973
RichardS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:02 am

Richard,

Thanks for the offer of help, I am now told that the file is too big and cannot be uploaded. Looks like I now need to find out how to alter to a different file.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardS » Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:50 am

Is it an image in your photo library on your iPad? If so there are ways of making the image file size smaller
Richard
RichardS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:35 pm

Yes, it is an image in my photo library. I have tried to follow advice to convert to a JPEG and the instructions say that my image should now be a JPEG, but I cannot find anything to confirm that the photo is now a JPEG.

Driving myself slowly mad here,

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:47 pm

Richard, right click on the image. Then scroll down to 'properties'. Click on it. The type of file will be listed.
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:22 pm

Greg/all who are trying to help,

Thanks for the advice, I am using an iPad and don’t think right click is available to me, if it is I don’t know how to access it.

I have tried attaching several times today in this topic, but nothing has landed.

Please keep in mind that I am a complete ignoramous with computer technology, i can just about manage a google search and can send/receive e-Mail. I am probably worse with this tech than you would ever imagine.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GLB » Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:52 pm

I Just now posted some photos taken with my Iphone and the file size is too large to upload to the forum. I moved the photos to my computer and then resized them from about 5 mb to 37% of original or about 500 KB. It took me a while because I too am old and computer illiterate but I finally stumbled upon the edit feature that allowed me to do it and they uploaded just fine. I wish I could help more and I will forget how to do it next time I need to do it as I did this time. My son showed me how months ago but I had to stumble around to find it this time. Gary
GLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Craven » Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:35 pm

Craven
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardS » Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:34 am

Richard
Have just taken this photo of my Elan. The photo size is 2MB and it uploaded without needing resizing.
I will put up some screenshots of the process to see if this helps
Richard

IMG_3900.jpeg and
RichardS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RichardS » Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:45 am

Post a reply
Click on upload attachment
Click on choose file
Click on photo library
Select photo and click done

You should now see a little photo to the right of choose file with file name.

Click Add the file
Click Place Inline and text comes up which you will see as a photo when you preview or submit

IMG_3903.png and

Hope this does the trick for you!
Richard
RichardS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:22 pm

Richard,

Thanks again, if I take a photo from the photo library I get the message that the file is too big. I think I have changed a photo to JPEG, when I submit this photo I get the error message “not enough characters” does this mean anything to anyone?

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:24 pm

IMG_0914 Medium.jpeg and
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:30 pm

I think I have done it, there was another box called “place in line”. I clicked that box and seem to have posted a photo.

Thanks everyone for being so tolerant of an old man. Hope I can remember how to do this when need to post a photo.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardS » Fri Sep 13, 2024 4:23 pm

Hooray!
RichardS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Next

Total Online: