Shameless Promotion

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Thu May 09, 2024 9:16 pm

As a slow learner when it comes to cars, my exploits generate stories, so I have written yet another book about my adventures around the country in my varied cars. Some are Lotus cars and some are not, though they are all interesting. In this book, I also reminisce about some of the cars that passed through my hands and some of the adventures I have been blessed with by friends I have met through the cars, even though I wasn’t driving. The resulting stories will either make you really wish you were with me or very glad you were not.

The book is called CONFESSIONS OF A SERIAL CAR GUY and is available on Amazon.com for $12.95. Though it is a compact book, it does come with colored photos throughout this time so I have definitely classed it up since the first books.https://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Serial-Car-Ross-Robbins/dp/B0D29YZMYY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3SUJGPL56YLI7&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.JXwMeXzy_hMg5wa6PZnMOpbqGkhbSmY1SVmwJ3q2B4MNldLO8fyAY5vXxYpea_OaTO0O68lLql8WyWn6YZJ46yQO2Fqb3wO6b1tDtZOY37t8EcXGbZX1qtOTQS-HMx76rwciP9jUP4aDMdWouDV1rKnCaBCMUcrma1LXwgs7cdcPazq9Zs15qDP1JuWVkaCxbeWhveT5J9R1SEvTK0R-kp7TaMl9sARLcJNbr24G_Gc.Gn9BHqtrmNapwxV_cSxFAfjEvzRU1lMCmOFoGlRd93I&dib_tag=se&keywords=confessions+of+a+serial+car+guy&qid=1715289229&sprefix=confessions+of+a+serial+car+guy%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-1

This is a great way to be a passenger with me in some of my interesting old cars for less than the cost of three gallons of gas in your own. If enough of you actually buy a book, I can probably take my wife out to dinner this month…if we go to McDonald’s. And if we order off the dollar menu…and share.
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: [email protected] » Wed May 15, 2024 9:32 pm

thank you, Ross. I enjoyed your updates during the tour. I will check out the book too!

A question. We had traded posts on Lotus Elan service in the Philadephia, PA area. You recommended a shop. I have been loyal to UnionJack Exotics, as Don had done the mechanical restoration of the car. They now appear to be more focused on full restos so I am having some challenges getting the Elan in.

Would you please remind me of the shop that you were planning to stop over during your tour of this area?

Thanks, Ross!

Eric
[email protected]
New-tral

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Thu May 16, 2024 11:30 am

Ordered! Thanks Ross.
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:03 pm

Well done Ross.
Will we meet at the Revival this year?
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Sun May 19, 2024 8:52 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone. I appreciate that you are being supportive rather than throwing tomatoes!

Eric: The shop I stopped at was Don Butler's and he passed me on to Ray at RD who had all the parts I would need after his diagnosis. I'm sure Don can tell you where to get service. There is also Ragtops & Roadsters, 203 S 4th St, Perkasie, PA 18944 who service our cars. Tell Dave Hutchison I recommended them.

Greg: Thanks for your order...maybe I can supersize the fries!!

Graeme: Although I would love to go to the Revival every year, that simply is not within the budget unless I sell about 20,000 books and we all know that ain't happening. I am truly sorry to have missed you last year and wish I could go yet again. I have been lucky enough to go twice so I guess I should be grateful. And, thanks to you for your help last year.
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: