Club Lotus

PostPost by: NTG999 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:52 pm

I used to be a member of Club Lotus when my car was previously on the road; up to about 2000, I have nearly finished my rebuild. Last September ish I applied to join Club Lotus online and paid by PayPal, I didn't notice but a few days later my payment was refunded, earlier this week I emailed but have received no response, today I rang a couple of times but strangely the call disconnected after a number of rings. Anybody actively involved with Club Lotus?
I would like to setup an agreed valuation for insurance, is it only Club Lotus that offers this service?
Thanks Nick
NTG999
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:15 pm

You don't need to be a Club Lotus member to get Agreed Valuation Insurance.
I insure my car with Lancaster Classic Car Insurance and have an agreed valuation with them and also Salvage Retention in the event of the car being written off.
All that they request is six photo's taken within a few weeks of submission of the Agreed valuation request and a signature of the condition and and all modifications done to the car from its original specification. You then submit your figure of valuation and they either agree with you and insure for that amount or ask you to modify your valuation figure. A Valuation Certificate is then issued by them for that amount. The annual premium you pay I guess will reflect the Agreed valuation.
I am pretty sure that Footman James Insurance and others also work in a similar way for Agreed Valuation Insurance here in the UK.
I am not currently a member of Club Lotus.

Alan.
Alan
'71 +2 S130/ 5speed Type9.
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Hawksfield » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:36 pm

Nick

+1 for Lancaster insurance

John
John

+2s130 1971
Hawksfield
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: UAB807F » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:28 am

And another +1. I just took plenty of photos, bills for significant work and photos during resprays. No hassle with either the Elan or Europa, a certificate issued very quickly.

On the general topic of agreed value, if you watch "Harry's Garage" on Youtube he was talking about insurance on his 2023 roundup and saying he was insuring his collection on market value.

His cars are top notch, most are relatively scarce and market values were changing, usually upwards. His logic was that the agreed value in January might not replace the car in December, or something like that, so rather than go through the agreed value process on several cars at every renewal, he went for market value instead.

Brian
UAB807F
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: JohnP » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:37 pm

Club Lotus magazine arrived today so perhps they were having a day out!
JohnP
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: NTG999 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:15 pm

Thanks for all the good info ref agreed value insurance. Club Lotus made contact with me today, apparently there was a website issue, so all good
NTG999
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: