Vegantune Engine Plate Source/Supplier

PostPost by: vstibbard » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:45 pm

Does anyone know of a source or have high res image of an original Vegantune Spalding Engine plate? I'm my collection of cam covers, I have a Vegantune fuel injected cam cover and I'm hoping to find a source for the engine ID plates and rivets that were fitted to the cam cover as it is missing its plate.

I've found the image below which whilst showing VTA appears to be a Spalding version of the engine ID plate.
Vegantune Engine plate #1.jpg and

Also, does anyone know what colour the cam covers were originally painted by Vegantune?

Cheers

Vaughan
vstibbard
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:48 pm

I have sent you an email and file, Vaughan.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:10 pm

I've found the image below which whilst showing VTA appears to be a Spalding version of the engine ID plate.

I don't understand your comment there. The Vegantune firm started at Spalding and all the design work and development on the VTA engine and the Evante car was done there.

The firms that bought up the Vegantune name & company really just trailed along supporting the Spalding design work of the engine & car after the original Vegantune went bust.

Google[Spalding Vegantune VTA engine] for more info.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vstibbard » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:43 am

Thank all

Hi Bill, My interest is simply to see if anyone knew of a source for a Vegantune Spalding engine ID plate.
The picture I used just happened to be the first clear image I found of the Vegantune Spalding Engine Id plate it just happened to have a VTA in the image.

I was not commenting about where the VTA was created.

Cheers

V
vstibbard
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: TrevorS » Mon May 15, 2023 1:36 pm

Here is a link to a picture of the Vegantune twin cam in my Elan. It shows the plate, and I'm sure you can get one fabricated to match it seems to be screen printed on a piece of aluminium sheet about 1/16 inch thick. The cam covers are painted flake finish dark grey. I do not believe they have been repainted, but I can't swear to it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OfW4QY ... share_link

BTW, if anyone has information of the build history of this engine SS 7634 I'd be interested to hear

Trevor
1971 Spyder Elan
TrevorS
New-tral

PostPost by: vstibbard » Mon May 15, 2023 10:59 pm

Thank you I’ll be able to get it replicated. My cover has remnants of crackled silver/grey paint. Your looks terrific.
Regards
Vaughan
vstibbard
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Tue May 16, 2023 2:18 am

Strange way to number the plug wires with No4 at the front ?

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TrevorS » Tue May 16, 2023 12:24 pm

Rohan, It was that way when I bought it...
Trevor
1971 Spyder Elan
TrevorS
New-tral

Total Online: