Adverts

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:31 pm

Despite being a member and donater I seem to be getting double adverts, one at the top and another underneath the content. Has my login slipped somehow, as the forum is usually invoked by me clicking on an email notification, or is it universal. While on the subject, one of the common adverts is for Adblocker, does using this have any consequences generally?

Also, since the last revision of the forum a year or two ago nearly all non-alphanumeric characters appear as a question mark, though not my own, so currency symbols, quotation marks and similar are not shown. Does anyone experience this in the UK or elsewhere? They always used to be correct.
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bast0n » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:50 pm

I use Adblock Plus, free and no adverts anywhere.
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Fred Talmadge » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:10 pm

bast0n wrote:I use Adblock Plus, free and no adverts anywhere.
Which denies the site some revenue. Instead I've seen so many ads that I can just ignore them...well except for those nasty pop ups that fortunately are not used here.
Fred Talmadge
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: bast0n » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:37 pm

"Which denies the site some revenue."

As I understand it they pay to be on the site so no revenue is lost If I don't see them? Correct or not? D
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:44 pm

bast0n wrote:As I understand it they pay to be on the site so no revenue is lost If I don't see them? Correct or not? D

The income will be per advert shown, so if you block the ads, no ad revenue for the site. That said the ad revenue is likely very small per ad, so likely preferable to block ads and make small direct donation to the site.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: