Stolen Elan - Henley on Thames Area

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:08 am

I gather a 1968 Elan S4 reg no VUW 869G was stolen from a garage on Western Avenue in Henley on Thames on Friday evening. It is painted in yellow over white Sprint colours and the sidewinder has only the word Elan on it. (That is the only information I have at the moment. I'll post more if I get it).

Please keep an eye out for this car; imagine if it was yours that had gone missing. Check your security and consider adding more.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:44 am

There is slightly more info on the Club Lotus face bock page https://www.facebook.com/clublotusonlin ... =3&theater

14188460_1275921832426118_3808286953990967606_o.jpg and
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: PeterG » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:37 am

I've just read one of the replys stating that people are puting tracking devices on cars to see where the owners live/park them, bloody hell man, what's it comming to?
PeterG
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Routen Chaplin Lotus » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:36 pm

trw99 wrote:I gather a 1968 Elan S4 reg no VUW 869G was stolen from a garage on Western Avenue in Henley on Thames on Friday evening. It is painted in yellow over white Sprint colours and the sidewinder has only the word Elan on it. (That is the only information I have at the moment. I'll post more if I get it).

Please keep an eye out for this car; imagine if it was yours that had gone missing. Check your security and consider adding more.

Tim

Even more important, make sure your car is adequately insured and that if have an agreed value policy you remember to look at the value year on year. An agreed value policy is good but it does "trap" you at the value agreed, if left for three or four years you can find yourself along way adrift of what it may cost to replace.

Kim,
Routen Chaplin, Lotus Insurance Scheme Administrator
Routen Chaplin Lotus
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Wickey » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:37 pm

PeterG wrote:I've just read one of the replys stating that people are puting tracking devices on cars to see where the owners live/park them, bloody hell man, what's it comming to?

One of the tricks is waiting outside MOT stations then following the car back to the owners home.......always worth checking to see if you think you are being followed :evil:
Wickey
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:57 pm

PeterG wrote:I've just read one of the replys stating that people are puting tracking devices on cars to see where the owners live/park them, bloody hell man, what's it comming to?

I was only chatting to an car insurance assessor about the price of parts last week, he told me three cars were taken the night after the Tatton Park Classic car show (didn't say what cars but i assume they weren't Lotuses or the alarm bells would have gone off). The police suspected either the cars where tracked or the Thief's just followed the cars out of the show at 4 o clock when the exits opened, he also didn't hold any hope for them being recovered as they were obviously to order.

When you think about it a Classic car show must be like a one stop shop for car thieves, they can even have a close look round them and talk to the owners before selecting their targets.
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: