Bowden Bling?

PostPost by: david.g.chapman » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:42 pm

I am in the process of tarting up my engine bay for the Revival, and noticed the appalling state of my bonnet cable, with the pvc sheath brittle and hanging off in places.

The rest of the cable looked OK, so I have stripped the pvc off completely, and it now looks like a shinier version of the choke cable. Now I know there is unplated steel exposed, but it is normally quite dry in there, and an occasional wipe with some waxoyl might keep it looking good. Lubrication is also much easier!

I will see if it keeps its bling (see attached)!

Dave Chapman.
Attachments
engine bay.jpg and
david.g.chapman
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:14 pm

I look forward to seeing the bling in September
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: david.g.chapman » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:07 am

I still have the bonnet catches to do - they are just in faded silver paint at the moment. I think I have to remove the dashboard to take off the catches though....

The cam cover should be red as well (1970 Federal engine converted to UK spec). I believe Barry Eli in Maldon can do this if I don't go down the DIY route. I owe him for eating at two of his open day buffets over the years. This might have to wait until the winter.

I look forward to see as many of you as can come to the Revival. I will be in the historic vehicle car park and have entered my car in the competition (I do not expect to get anywhere but will provide a car for others to beat) :)

Dave Chapman.
david.g.chapman
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: