Sue Miller

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:49 pm

Wizz wrote:Thank you very much to Adam for his comprehensive post.

A few quick questions for some people: Do you work a full year without a holiday? Do you work 16-hour days? And, if you do, are you still working those 16-hour days five years past the age of retirement? Sue Miller is, and, what?s more, she is doing it on her own and yet still supplying a superb service unequalled in the industry.

For every person who carps that your email wasn?t instantly answered, there are another forty, fifty and probably more who telephone and find Sue generous with her time and knowledge. How many of the ?large? Lotus suppliers are willing to spend half an hour on the telephone giving out advice with the knowledge that there is unlikely to be a sale at the end of the call?

Sue runs this business out of a passion for the Lotus Elan and the industry would be a poorer place without her. Yet, when she had the presumption earlier this year to take four days off for a much-needed break, people thought the sky had fallen in! She goes far beyond what people expect of a small business service and yes, sometimes she is too busy to pick up the phone, and yes, frequently it will be because she has a customer with her and she feels it would be just plain rude. Sorry if such common courtesies are not ignored at Mick Miller Classic Lotus. Above all, she continues to work harder and longer than anyone else I know.

And I know this because Sue Miller is my Mum.

I'm certain your Mum has far more fans than critics. I'm a proud member of the Susan Miller fan club and will always be grateful for the kindness and help she has given me and the enthusiasm she has for our cars.

Welcome to the forum and give her a big kiss from most of us. It'll be better coming from you :lol:
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Sue is my number 1 girl when it comes to Lotus Elan bits 8)

My wife is also called Sue , which is lucky as I find it saves embarrassment when I talk in my sleep :lol:
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: PeterK » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:43 pm

A lovely, helpful lady (& makes great tea)
Peter
PeterK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elan66 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:47 am

Just like to say Sue has always been !st class as far as i have been concerned.As for this day and age of huge shareholder run companies that run their business purely for the shareholder treating both employees and customers as commodities the small cottage industries like Sue are far to few and far between.I guess i am in a small minority but i still miss corner shop opening hours,corporates have made everything 24/7 and i dont think its for the better.I have used Sue,Pat,Paul and Miles(,and Tony T on my last car) and find that the service has always been good,and without them we would be stuffed,i also find the slight idiosyncrasys very refreshing in this day and age. If the money people spent went more to people like Sue,Pat,Paul etc.instead of big corporates like Amazon,Starbucks,Asda etc the country would have a lot more small companies paying taxes back into the system instead of "losing it" offshore somewhere,sorry ranting now :oops:
climbs off soap box to carry on stripping front suspension :roll:
regards
Paul
elan66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Always a first class service for me.

Jason
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Me?? I just Love Sue..

No ifs or butts. She is number 1. :wink:

Al' ....
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:08 am

No 1 by far for me as well :-)

Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: captainchaos » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm a newbie to Elan ownership but from my caterham experiences (still have it!) I am used to dealing with passionate small businesses who don't manage to answer the phone straight away.. Try f
Dealing with soft bit's for sevens and alike.
It took me a couple of days to catch with Sue but worth the wait. ... 30 years of experience just poured down the phone line ....bloody superb!
Bits arrived in days and mostly cheaper than Matty.

Thumbs up from this newbie!
captainchaos
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Welcome aboard captainchaos, another Blatchat refugee :D
As you have found, Sue is excellent.

Malcolm
1966 Elan S3 Coupe
1994 Caterham 7
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Ooo Blatchat now there's another story. I don't think it's quite recovered from the upgrade :(
Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:40 pm

The new site is taking quite a battering and post numbers are significantly down. From posts in the last few days it seems many are moving to associated face-book pages, especially for selling. :(
I've resisted so far....
1966 Elan S3 Coupe
1994 Caterham 7
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:44 pm

It's funny I can't even put my finger on why. The old site was so simple and selling was great, now it seems rather dead. Hopefully it will pick up as people get use to it.
Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:33 pm

Salut

Don't know what Malcolm and Terry are on about (what site ?) but a thumbs up for Sue from me, too - and hello Wizz.

The only complaint I have is that Sue sends the parts but forgets to send the invoice !! I do pay myself, using the prices in her catalogue and guessing postage, but I do hope no-one takes advantage of her outstanding service, enthusiasm and trust.

@+

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: AlfaLofa » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:49 pm

I've been using Sue longer than I can remember.

She always gives exemplary service. Always fair and no problems.

I have always managed to get through to her using the 'phone or email.

She's friendly and courteous and the type of person I like doing business with.
Steve
'64 S1 Elan (Owned since '73)
'69 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce (Owned since '77)
'70 Morris Minor 1000 (Owned since '85)
AlfaLofa
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: jeff jackson » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:22 pm

As far as I am concerned Sue is the Number 1. I have always received 1st class service
More often than not Sue is in the garden when I seem to phone, but she knows exactly what I need and what it costs, without a computer to refer to.
I just hope that newer people read this and realise that Sue is a one woman band not a corporate giant - be patient you will get what you want.
If you want the phone answering after three rings and next day service, phone someone else.
Me, I always ring Sue first before anyone else.
If you read this Sue, (and Wizz) have a happy Christmas and great New Year!
Jeff 72 +2 in Dorset :D
jeff jackson
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: