S4 Rebuild Apathy !!

PostPost by: el-saturn » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:30 pm

nobody will read this BUT an elan is like a lovely petite lady: the more you cuddle up with her, the more affection you get back: some call this karma. it?s the same everywhere: lot?s of folks overestimate their prowess; those of us who were fortunate, once worked on racing cars<<<<<<<<<<< elans (most of em nowadays) are racing cars and NOT meant for everybody and they take more much than just simple passion --------------- plus luv ?em or leave ?em -----------it?s real simple ----------- cheers 36/4982 (my new engine i will show very soon; the crank, clutch etc. are now at the balancers shop!!!! yupee!)
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: KevJ+2 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:26 am

el-saturn wrote:my new engine i will show very soon; the crank, clutch etc. are now at the balancers shop!!!! yupee!)

When I got my crank / flywheel / clutch balanced, it was also balanced with the front pulley which was so far out, I had to buy a new one :shock:
Just a thought in case you didn't include the pulley.
Kev.
KevJ+2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:42 am

peterexpart wrote:Thank you all for being positive, approached the car with a less negative attitude today, put some fuel in hooked up the Coil and Ign, replaced the Fuel Pump as my new one refused to pull fuel from the Tank !!!, Turned the Key and it fired up straight away, hooked up the Strobe set the Ing for 18 BTDC at 2000rpm and decided that was enough for the day as it was running like a watch.
That is more like it !!

An engine running in situ is certainly a highly pleasurable milstone point to reach.

But you haven't said if you have road wheels an suspension fitted yet., :D :) 8)
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: peterexpart » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:58 am

billwill wrote:
peterexpart wrote:Thank you all for being positive, approached the car with a less negative attitude today, put some fuel in hooked up the Coil and Ign, replaced the Fuel Pump as my new one refused to pull fuel from the Tank !!!, Turned the Key and it fired up straight away, hooked up the Strobe set the Ing for 18 BTDC at 2000rpm and decided that was enough for the day as it was running like a watch.
That is more like it !!

An engine running in situ is certainly a highly pleasurable milstone point to reach.

But you haven't said if you have road wheels an suspension fitted yet., :D :) 8)

Bill
The Suspension was the Second thing I rebuilt after the Engine Gearbox Assy, Wheels and New Tyres are on, Brakes on, this morning the Radiator is going on and Electric Fan being fitted, its the only thing to do on Mothers Day !!!!
PeterExpart
New Forest National Park
Hampshire UK
peterexpart
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Sounds like it will soon be MOT time.

So does anyone know a Classic-Knowledgable MOT tester in your New Forest vicinity.
Bill Williams

billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:20 pm

The start of your therapy was by posting on here.
You've had plenty of encouraging words and tales of excitement to come.
If you make it east to Eastbourne you're welcome to come for a spin, so long as no wheels have fallen off my wagon
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:14 pm

billwill wrote:An engine running in situ is certainly a highly pleasurable milstone point to reach.

Bill, please state whether the missing letter is an 'e' or a 'l'. :)
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:00 am

Quart Meg Miles wrote:
billwill wrote:An engine running in situ is certainly a highly pleasurable milstone point to reach.

Bill, please state whether the missing letter is an 'e' or a 'l'. :)

ooops... and I had to google critical path analysis to remember the right word anyway. :D
Bill Williams

billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: