Let the pictures do the talking.

PostPost by: Donels » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:19 pm

alanr wrote:
Donels wrote:Painted at last. But not for the purests! Being delivered tomorrow :D

IMG_8395.jpeg

Looks great!
Also being Midlands based I would be very interested to know who did the paint job for you?
i keep mulling over a repaint of my car.

Alan
Yes finding a someone good to paint your car is fraught with problems. I started off with a company I have used before to good effect. This time they were awful and went bankrupt just when they had completed the body repairs, but before painting. It has caused me nearly 3 years of delay.

Urgently looking for another painter I talked with lots of contacts who have either had work done or who are in the restoration business, and arrived at a list of about 6 possible painters. The common theme was that they were all supposed to produce excellent work but timescales were variable from 6 months to whenever! I just couldn't work this way again.

One potential was MRH Autos Ltd in Lichfield. They had been used by a restoration mate, but he'd had a couple of problems and will now only use Option 1. I went to see MRH and they were very helpful and would take over the part finished body. I have to say they have been excellent. Their communications have been first class and they have finished the job in the promised timescale. The results are excellent, very pleased. They are used to painting classic cars but you just need to specify exactly what you want doing.

Dave
Elan +2
Elise mk 1
Donels
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:36 pm

Hi Dave,
Thanks very much for that comprehensive reply. Yes finding someone you can trust is the biggest hurdle to overcome when repainting any car, even more so wth a fibreglass car, isn't it.
What MRH Autos in Lichfield have done for your car looks superb! You must be both extremely pleased and relieved at the work they have done for you.

Thanks again for the information.

Alan.
Alan
'71 +2 S130/ 5speed Type9.
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: