One day insurance.

PostPost by: Jason1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Has anyone tried these one day insurance companies that advertise on the TV?

I am just wondering if they are an option for driving the +2 to the MOT station. I do not really want to pay for a whole year if it fails and I have to wait awhile before I get time to fix it and re-book in.

Just wondering which companies are best and what sort of price they charge?

Thanks

Jason
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Essex? Insurance? New concept to me. :wink:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:24 pm

:lol: :lol:

When I started working in Newham I was told by my boss "if you have a shunt just drive off as nobody has insurance and the likelihood is that if you get out they will rob you".

I was born in Barking and grew up in Dagenham; if I still lived there I probably would have a different outlook to car insurance. Fortunately I now live in a small Essex village outside of Colchester where few baddies roam. :lol:
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:48 pm

dayinsure.com is a part of Aviva formerly Norwich Union. never had to use them (as un//fortunately I work for them).

I know that 1 day or a short term cover is available for run of the mill and vans etc from them but not sure how they'd regard what to them will be an exotic - my educated guess would suggest they won't quote and I'd be a little surprised if the others did too.

Classic Elan insurance is soooo cheap these days it surely can't be worth short period cover if you are that close to being on the road. Also your car should also have laid up accidental damage cover anyway - what if your garage burned down!! The difference between laid up and full road risk on my sprint for a year was less than ?30 and just wasn't worth the aggravation.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:41 am

Hi

Yes, lay up is relatively cheap, I paid about ?70 last time and ?200 for normal classic insurance. But a friend recently insured his modern car for one day and it cost ?10 which is a lot cheaper than the other options. Unfortunately they will not cover my car and I do not want to pay ?200 if it fails the MOT and I do not have time to repair it straight away.

Cheers for the thoughts

Jason
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: