UK members

PostPost by: rdssdi » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:04 pm

I am attempting to contact Car Builders Solutions in the UK by E-mail. I have not received a reply in over 10 days.
01580 891309 or 07964 336183 is their telephone listed on the web site.

Does anyone know if they are in business? Could anyone call and see if they are working?

I need to order a few items and was asking about stock on hand and shipping costs.

Thanks

BOB
USA
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Bob,

I just phoned them and got the security man who thought I'd lost my mind calling 10.30 at night.

To call them don't forget to dial 011441580891309
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:16 am

are you sure???...
I always thought it was remover the initial 0 the add 0044 infront of what you have left...

so

or at least thats what I thought it was :)
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rdssdi » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:37 am

Sounds odd having a security man. Maybe they have solid gold Girling master cylinders.

I assume they are open. It is strange as I am having difficulty getting answers from other UK companies.

Thanks

I have resubmitted my e-mail. If no answer I will call. Means very early call from the u.s..

Bob
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rdssdi » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:42 am

From the U.S. it would be 011-44-1580-891309.

I hAve had some other e-mail response problems. I may have a problem with my service. Maybe someone has used my address and I am on some block list.

Bob
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:30 pm

bob
if youve got the list of what you want I can ring them for you...
thats if you dont get a response from your email...
cheers
gareth
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rdssdi » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:00 pm

I called and spoke with someone at the company. He indicated he had responded to both my e - mail messages. I am having difficulties with e-mail from the UK. I spoke with a tech at AOL. We reset my spam filter and I added addresses that I anticipate answers from to my address book. So far I have yet to get an answer. Some e-mails from the UK get to me apparently with no problem.

Has anyone else had problems with sending e-mails to the U.S. from the UK or people in the U.S. receiving messages from the UK?

I will call all the companies I need parts from until I get this resolved.

I would love to fly over and spend some time in England. Not this year.

Bob
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:13 pm

Bob,
I think it is just a general problem with over-aggressive spam filters, rather than a US-UK issue. I have trouble filtering out the snake-enhancing oil salesmen without binning multi-recipient messages from folks I do want to talk to. :?
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: msd1107 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:30 pm

It is hard to generalize, but the problems probably are a result of using AOL.

In the '70s, I was communicating from my personal computer over the phone network, but, obvously, had no spam problems.

Then some general purpose communication systems became available (I used GEIS). Again, since there were so few users, there was no spam problem.

Then I migrated to AOL. AOL was never satisfactory, although it fills the bill for many people. My AOL account had lots of spam problems.

I have subsequently opened accounts at GMAIL. HOTMAIL, and YAHOO. GMAIL does not get any spam, but I do not use this address often.

HOTMAIL seems to filter spam without blocking legitimate emails. I still get a few spam messages per day in my inbox, and a few messages in the spam folder.

YAHOO seems roughly the same.

If you email, the transmission typically is in the clear (logons uses an encrypted link), so that someone sitting with a sniffer can harvest your email address. The email providers are pretty good at tossing these opportunistic spams.

So, If you are not wedded to AOL, try opening an email account with one of the major providers of email services and see if that improves the situation. If so, gradually convert your AOL email addresses to the new one. Eventually, you can close the AOL account.

Good luck

David
1968 36/7988
msd1107
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:12 pm

Neil & Matt are certainly still there & are both very helpful probably an email problem
Ian
elansprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rdssdi » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:42 pm

I spoke with someone at the company and as was suggested, he was very nice and quite helpful. I have modified my filters and settings and am awaiting a response from Car Builders soon. If I do not receive an e-mail by Tuesday I shall call. IT is easy to blame AOL but this is a recent problem and I have used AOL for years. It may be attributed to the new AOL software for MAC I Am using.

Thanks.

Bob[/i]
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: