Lotus stuff on your walls - automobilia

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Well it obviously must go in one of your 'reception' rooms!
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:16 pm

abstamaria wrote:Well, they say he was always ahead of his time, Richard. I was only 14 on the date of that letter and would get the 23 some 35 years later. I can't believe it. (The factory invoice, which came with the car when I acquired it, is dated a few days earlier.)

Being a Lotus guy, even at 14, the 23 was always a dream for me. I miss it now and then.

Best,

Andy

What a great story, a wonderful letter that gives an insight to Colin Chapmans softer more fatherly side, concluded by you actually fulfilling the dream and then the slight regret tinged with nostalgia.... You couldn't make it up and I sincerely hope you have not....... I have had a few similar magical but unsubstantiated ( no letters) events over the years not all Lotus related, but one of the members of the original secret team based at Edmonton who worked on the prototype type 14 drops by my garage from time to time, he gives me some nice stories that I am trying to record and substantiate for my own pleasure, and maybe I will pass them on at some stage for those that are interested.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:19 pm

and here's part of my pretty messy (right now) office with lots of LOTUS stuff. sandy 36 4982
Attachments
officeMESS.jpg and
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gearbox » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:20 pm

Well not on the wall, but on the rafters, a vintage dealership sign from a local Lotus distributor back in the 60's Tom's Pit Stop, Union NJ, next to my 1962 Lotus Super Seven Frame among a lot of other parts.

20150104_115351.jpg and
gearbox
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: