Sometimes we just need a little help with the trivial details. :lol: :lol:
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:44 pm

The allowed file size is rather ridiculously low however, given that digital photographs have only become larger and larger in file-size as resolution improves with every generation of camera. I'm sure the file size limit made sense ages ago when the forum software was created but it no longer does.
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:46 am

I think it's also about cost, the larger the file the more storage and bandwidth is required. So the higher running costs for the site.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: EPA » Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:48 am

I always email the photo to myself by going into photos on iPhone or iPad and it gives you the option to resize the photo .
When displaying the photo touch rectangular icon with the upward arrow , bottom right on my phone.
Select mail, enter your email address and touch the arrow to send, so then get several options to resize the photo.
You can then post the resized photo that you receive.
Ed
EPA
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:33 am

At least this site allows pictures even if the limit is around 2MB per picture and around 10 MB per post. So many sites only allow attaching links to pictures which inevitably results in many of those links being broken in older posts which is frustrating when trying to research a topic.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Lens4 » Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:18 pm

Well I prest in-line thing and posted a photo over moon now yours truly old person with an elan
Lens4
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Lens4 » Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:21 pm

As Richard has done a few thingys back thank you Richard
Lens4
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:50 pm

Lens,

Glad to be of help. I remember as a school boy not understanding what my maths teacher (president of the Cambridge chess club in his day, and a very bright man) was trying to explain about logarithms, I never did understand what he was saying, but our chemistry teacher showed us how to use log tables in a few minutes. Often people who find something easy can’t explain because they can’t see the difficulty themselves.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:41 pm

RichardHawkins wrote:Often people who find something easy can’t explain because they can’t see the difficulty themselves.

I see this a huge amount at work and am probably very guilty of it also. I often tend to refer it as "Engineer written documentation", as engineers tend to only write about what is new or not obvious to them. Rather than thinking about what the reader my or may not know!
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: