Racecar Resto- Big Project Ahead!

PostPost by: DreamsOfA26R » Mon May 29, 2023 4:49 am

Hello all!

I've just taken a massive leap and purchased Tom Walko's old SCCA C-Prod Elan! Currently the car is a non-running shell in essentially the condition as when it was listed for sale here a while ago viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30497&start=

It currently has no wheels, front brakes, engine, trans, driveshaft, differential, axles, fuel tank, wiring or tail lights among many, many other things! I'm hoping to break the cycle and get this thing back to racing ASAP, but I have no idea how soon that'll actually be.

My first big goal is to find some wheels for it as it's pretty hard to move it around without them! I haven't yet had much luck with simple internet searches and I'm not sure if anyone local to me has any. With the purchase of the car funds are tight but I'm hoping I can find a set of steelies cheap and put crappy tires on them so I can at least roll the thing onto a trailer.

I'm hoping to restore the car to its racing specs and get it back on track! Here goes!! Wish me luck, y'all!! :D
Attachments
unnamed.jpg and
1967 Lotus Ean Racer project
1967 Lotus Type 46 Europa
1983 Mazda RX7
1982 Mazda RX7 Racer
Vintage Lotuses and Mazda rotary engines!
DreamsOfA26R
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Mon May 29, 2023 3:59 pm

Pm sent on wheels
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Mon May 29, 2023 4:37 pm

Welcome! Sounds like a fun project, keep us posted on how it goes!
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DreamsOfA26R » Mon May 29, 2023 7:13 pm

StressCraxx wrote:Pm sent on wheels

Wonderful! I'll give that a read now.

The Veg wrote:Welcome! Sounds like a fun project, keep us posted on how it goes!

I'll gladly let y'all know how it all progresses! Sadly it'll likely be a allow start and perhaps be a (considerably) long term project as I still have to do a substantial amount of work on my 67 Type 46 Europa let alone the sheer cost and quantity of the parts I need to source! :lol:

Wish me luck and let's get this whole thing rolling!
1967 Lotus Ean Racer project
1967 Lotus Type 46 Europa
1983 Mazda RX7
1982 Mazda RX7 Racer
Vintage Lotuses and Mazda rotary engines!
DreamsOfA26R
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: