Intro

PostPost by: Midenginer » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:51 am

Hello all,
I'm a recent '17 Lotus Evora 400 owner that I daily drive. WonderfuI handling, fast, beautiful, reliable and 2+2. All white, red leather interior. Really love it and after owning a Cayman S for 115k miles before kids I feel more aligned with Lotus cars, philosophy and community.
I also have always appreciated classic sports cars of all the brands but have never owned a classic. My childhood dream cars (Pantera, 911, Eprit, TR6) have drifted further down my list as my recent interest in Lotus has increased.
My wife wasn't crazy about the 4 post lift idea (she didn't fully say no either so there's still hope) but she was ok with clearing out some stuff to get a classic while her MDX continues to sit on the street. Bless her heart:)
I'm not set up for or experienced with doing my own maintenance, have two young boys and own an architecture firm so as much as I might dream, free time to do any serious projects is limited.
Look forward to learning more about these cars from the community here. Unless you all tell me I cant find a good mechanic in Southern California I'm going to start looking into buying one the greatest cars ever made, an Elan, most likely +2.
Thank you,
Craig
Last edited by Midenginer on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Craig
2017 Evora 400
Looking for an Elan
Midenginer
New-tral

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:57 am

Welcome ??? (Maybe post your name in your signature?)

It sounds like you’ve got the bug. Lots of members in California, Golden Gate Lotus Owners Club, Dave Bean Engineering etc. I know us Brits don’t realise the sheer distances involved over there but you’ll be well served.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:07 pm

Welcome Midenginer!

I don't think you'll have much issue in SoCal, as you are in an area that has always been one of the most important markets for Lotus, and between that and the sheer volume of esoteric cars within 100 miles of you, the expertise is there. Your nearest local/regional Lotus club will be helpful, and the national club (Lotus Ltd.) can point you to them.

Keep us posted on what you get into! I think the Plus 2 is an excellent choice but then I'm a little biased about it. :mrgreen:
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Midenginer » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:39 am

Thanks guys, still looking.
Craig
2017 Evora 400
Looking for an Elan
Midenginer