PostPost by: RandyRT » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:59 am

Hey, all! Glad to found this community. We'll be checking a 1971 Elan plus 2 as the next project. Great to see lots of useful discussions here. I'll be reading around and probably pop some questions.
RandyRT
New-tral

PostPost by: USA64 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:53 pm

Welcome, Randy! There's plenty of info and help here if you look, ask. I think a few members down your way as well. Did you really post at 4AM?
We are supposed to be having fun, are we not?
USA64
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: RandyRT » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:15 am

USA64 wrote:Welcome, Randy! There's plenty of info and help here if you look, ask. I think a few members down your way as well. Did you really post at 4AM?

Thank you, sir! Sorry about the time, working night shift here.
RandyRT
New-tral

PostPost by: The Veg » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:53 am

Welcome Randy, from a fellow Georgia Plus 2 owner! I'm aware of four Plus 2s in Georgia: mine, one up NW of Atlanta, one in the Augusta area, and one down toward you. There may be more, but those are the ones I know of.

Anyway, keep us posted on what develops!
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Sheldo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:39 pm

welcome Randy. Good luck with your project.
Sheldo
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: RandyRT » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:18 am

The Veg wrote:Welcome Randy, from a fellow Georgia Plus 2 owner! I'm aware of four Plus 2s in Georgia: mine, one up NW of Atlanta, one in the Augusta area, and one down toward you. There may be more, but those are the ones I know of.

Interesting! I thought there are more of Plus 2 around here down to FL. Really hoping we can take in this one.
RandyRT
New-tral

PostPost by: The Veg » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:45 pm

RandyRT wrote:
The Veg wrote:Welcome Randy, from a fellow Georgia Plus 2 owner! I'm aware of four Plus 2s in Georgia: mine, one up NW of Atlanta, one in the Augusta area, and one down toward you. There may be more, but those are the ones I know of.

Interesting! I thought there are more of Plus 2 around here down to FL. Really hoping we can take in this one.

To give a little more detail, mine is yellow and just now returning to some semblance of roadworthiness, the one NW of Atlanta is green with black vinyl roof and not running, recently purchased by a first-time Lotus owner, the one near Augusta is red and running (and in beautiful condition!), and the one down near you is black and running but I know little else. I saw it in a post, I can't remember if it was here or in the Elan Facebook group, somebody had spotted it on the highway and it appeared to have a Chatham County plate, hence saying it's near you. I have no idea what's in FL. I'll have to check the Lotus Limited membership roster again to see if I've forgotten any, and of course there could be more that don't belong to LL members, but keep in mind that the Plus 2 is quite rare in USA. The last time I heard anything about numbers, I think it was generally agreed-upon that something in the range of about 1100 Plus 2s are thought to be on the road today worldwide out of 3500-5000 produced, and of that ~1100 I would bet that the minority are in the USA since they stopped selling them here a few years before the model was discontinued.

I've seen a grand total of six Plus 2s in person, ever: mine, the green one, the red one, another red one that lives in Colorado, another red one that lives in Texas, and a purple one with silver roof that lives in California. Mine was the first I'd ever seen, and the only one until just in the last year or two.

Got fingers crossed that all turns out well for getting this car!
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RandyRT » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:41 am

Really interesting facts about these cars. My uncle said she's a red one. I'll take some photos when we take a look maybe around next week.
RandyRT
New-tral

Total Online: