Proud new owner of a project 73 +2

PostPost by: Pjr » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:52 pm

Just a quick hello from a very new owner of a plus 2 of 1973.

Previously i had an Eclat Excel which I recommissioned, so I am not entirely new to Lotus, but elans are a mystery to me.

I have a couple of books and this computer, and with your knowledge and experience I hope to have her on the road in a while. The car is engineless so I am thinking Zetec and possibly mt75 because I am on a tight budget.

No photos available yet, but they will follow!

The first thing on the shopping list is some sort of chassis. If anybody wishes to sell a repairable old chassis, perhaps having fitted a new one or spyder variant, I would be interested...... :D

Kind regards,

Phil
Pjr
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:10 am

Welcome Phil. The Plus 2 won't be too much of a mystery once you get going. The electrics are probably the most challenging thing for most, and when you think of what's lurking behind the dash it's not surprising! I have that lot drawn up somewhere, to make an idiot-proof physical wiring diagram.

I also have a lot of photos of an original, untouched 130, showing under-bonnet layouts of wiring, pipes, relays etc. I think that I have a spare workshop manual somewhere as well.

I do have a re-furbished chassis lurking in the barn, which I bought a few years ago when I had a few projects on the go.I paid ?500 for it, and you are welcome to it for the same money.

I'm a few miles west of Gloucester, and you're very welcome to pop over sometime for a look and a natter.

Mark Kempson
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Pjr » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:30 am

Mark,

Many thanks for your reply and kind offers. I collect the car on Sunday, all being well, but after that I would love to pop over at some point, have a chat and take a look at that chassis.

I must admit that i was laying awake last night thinking things through and apart from realisinig the enormity of the task, i came to the conclusion that wiring would be most difficult. Your reply has made me a lot happier!

Thanks again and look forward to meeting.

Phil
Pjr
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Europatc » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Welcome Phil
ImageImage
Europatc
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: