new to the forum and new Swiss Elan owner

PostPost by: crypto » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:55 am

My name is Peter and work (as my nickname suggests) in the cryptography and electronic business in central Switzerland.

My passion for british sports cars started 30 years ago. As young man I acquired an aluminium bodied V8 beauty in Maidstone and imported her to Switzerland.

A few years ago, my focus turned to fibreglass cars and I bought a TVR Cerbera which is joy to drive but was a pain to pass the Swiss homologation and to have it registered here.

The aluminium bodied car is now sold and the space is occupied by my recently acquired Elan S4 Sprint 1972.
She is fun to drive but will require some work until I officially register her. At the moment, me and my youngest son are taking off all the bits to prepare her for a new paint.

Interested to know if there are some Swiss owners here !
I will attend the classic car meeting http://www.osmt.ch/ (check it out) in May as Lotus will be the guest club then.
Hope to meet you soon !
Peter :D
The really good drivers have the bugs on the side windows (cit. Walter R?hrl)
crypto
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elanconvert » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:39 am

hello peter and welcome to the forum!
I'm also new to elan ownership, and ]so far :wink: ] have enjoyed every minute!! :lol:
I believe there are a few elans in switzeland, and some post on here [e.g. sandy ....aka 'el-saturn'], so I'm sure you will hear from them.....they [we] are a friendly bunch!!

:D fred
'Never give up!....unless it's hopeless.....'

1970 S4 dhc big valve
1973 Ginetta G15
1967 Ginetta G4 [sadly now sold]
1959 lotus elite type 14
Elanconvert
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Welcome Peter

You are clearly a man of taste having a Sprint!

Good to know another one has an enthusiastic home.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:15 am

welcome peter ---------------- and you're in good hands, I must say. I live in teufen (AR) and may join you in may. i'm under pressure today, so i'll get back later! sandy 36/4982 dhl
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: