Lotus finances....

PostPost by: reb53 » Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:56 pm

reb53
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: mark030358 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:09 am

Interesting.

I really really hope they turn this around.

I was early Emira deposit placer, maybe within the first 100, I can’t remember as the car looked great and the spec was good along with the initial price. When I found out what the new sales “model” was I cancelled my order.

The Emira issues are well documented, the worst being that every car comes with spare doors :( How does that happen? It just shouldn’t ….

All of these issues Lotus inflicted on themselves, and unfortunately this is not he company of old.
Just my 2p….
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Frogelan » Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:10 am

It seems dangerous to draw many conclusions from these statistics for just 6 months. I presume that as electric cars have a skateboard chassis and fewer parts whilst MR prices remain high that full year margins will cover these initial losses?

However, production delays have been a worry (has the Evija been dropped?).

Do new Lotus customers want either Lithium Minivan type vehicles or chunky petrol sportscars? Are n't these segments are overcrowded already, bequeathing Lotus' niche to Alpine and Mazda?

However, I have seen a note about 51% of US Tesla owners returning to ICE powered cars in the US partly due to reliability and quality issues. Is this true?

Here in Europe, most people can see the sense in using public transportation, bicycles or (if really needed) electric vehicles in cities, but the embodied CO2 issues, the use of the weighty old school Lithium batteries, the practical disadvantages outside cities, (range decline during leasing (!)) and battery replacement costs are not seen as strong points to non-corporate customers or the second hand market.

Let's hope that Lotus have a good plan B and have kept good relations with Toyota.
1965 Lotus Elan S2 26/4022 (originally Dutchess Lotus East, PA and NJ Area, USA)
Frogelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:16 am

Since time immemorial, Lotus has struggled to be a business - shoddy assembly, poor records, scrappy network and a shambles of a spare parts distribution.

Against this 'revelation', I ask: what is new?
Hal Adams
Evora SR
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RobertMaulden » Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:01 am

This is a report related to Lotus Technology Inc, which is the China based part of the Geely owned group (nothing to do with the UK operation - apart from being in the same group)

The problem is directly related to the financial penalties / tariffs that are to be added to all EV's imported into The European Union & The USA from China

LT were targeting to sell around 26,000 Eletres, & this figure has now been more than halved
RobertMaulden
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:34 pm

First Teslas good, S, Roadster. Also, and mainly good customer service on these cars.
None of the newer cars have good support, but they like many electric are reliable. Not charging fast, and fires.
ICE works, hybrid better but too complicated with special tools and dealer connection to repair at £200/day.

Lotus has seen what has happened in USA, and now Canada. UK I believe too. Stopping China imports. This will only grow with Taiwan semiconductor and China island.

Canada has also stopped the daft mass-immigration policy, hope the UK follows promptly.

Lotus will move back to ICE and UK and bettering the Emira. Good time to buy stocks I say.
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: