(Former) President Carter

PostPost by: jk952 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:07 pm

This is an interesting article from the National Post (Canada)

https://apple.news/AjHqd4hvpQyyClnMqq7sJdg

An excerpt for those not already aware of this tidbit… (and a nice example of long term country friendships):

“After Carter graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy, he was assigned to the early American nuclear submarine program when an accident at Canada’s NRX nuclear research reactor at Chalk River, Ont., caused a loss of coolant to the reactor and the core was left significantly damaged. It was late 1952 and the future president was dispatched to Chalk River, leading a small group of American servicemen that assisted in the cleanup.”

Jack
By the way that small reactor continued in operation later producing medical isotopes.
jk952
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: SENC » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:27 pm

An exceptionally smart and exceptionally good man. Not an exceptional President, but not due to either his intelligence or his character. Prayers for he and his family.
Henry
69 Elan S4
65 Seven S2
SENC
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:02 pm

He made some mistakes in foreign policy probably by listening to the wrong advisors. I voted against him because I was angry about his grain embargo to Russia. I have always farmed and that embargo destroyed our prices.

I now believe he was the last decent president this country had....

Kurt
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: