Biden visits Kiev, brave man
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:18 pm

Rohan

Thank you, on behalf of the vast majority of the Free World , but I seem to be missing something , I have listened to both sides of the argument , fully realising both sides use propaganda to some extent ( one more than the other ) , yet , I cannot "get my head around" how some people can be blind to the obvious ?

Is this anything to do with the fashionable " Woke Culture " and " air-brushing " of History ?

John.
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:35 pm

The "obvious" is people are being slaughtered for Putin's ego.
Go home Russia.
Sorry to cut in but could not resist.
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AshleyPark » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:36 pm

John.

I presume your thinly veiled comments are aimed at me!

I can assure you I do not belong to any “Woke culture” as you put it! Perhaps, instead of trying to belittle people who’s ideas you don’t agree with, you should actually open your eyes and have a look at what is really going on.

You rightly point out that both sides are heavily involved in propaganda campaigns, then say that one is using it more than the other, there’s no doubting who you believe that is, but why? Doesn’t it occur to you that perhaps it’s the other way around and that’s why your confirmation bias is the way it is?

I suspect you believe that Russia bombed its own pipeline, the Nordstream 2, don’t you? And have a guess why that would be!
AshleyPark
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:41 pm

What would the sub genius do at a time like this

https://hourofslack.libsyn.com/
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:24 pm

Mr Ashley Park

" I presume your thinly veiled comments are aimed at me! "

Put your ego back in the box , my comments were addressed to Rohan..

Propaganda....
" Doesn’t it occur to you that perhaps it’s the other way around "
Why would it, are you privy to some " inside information " that the rest of are not ?

No need to reply , I think you've had enough exposure.

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:33 pm

Meanwhile in the US, they're making sure that no one white, male or patriotic enlists. By all means, staff your armed services with people who hate your country!

https://www.theepochtimes.com/china-las ... 65483.html

This link is about the laser pointed at Hawaii from China.
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:01 pm

The old Golden Rule has never functioned well in Russia. According to a Russian friend of mine, Russians take great pleasure in the downfall of others. I wonder if there's a Russian word for Schadenfreude?
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:15 pm

Am I being censured on this forum or did I somehow delete my last comments on here? Regardless of how you look at this it has done Ukraine no good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr-UN5vxwYo&t=639s

Kurt
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:48 pm

Rohan, I just reread your last comments on my post and I consider them insulting.

I wish to reiterate:
This is a war for world domination being pushed on Russia by the US and its allies. There is undeniable evidence everywhere you look. It is NOT about the FREEdom of poor little Ukraine. Fact is that half the people of EARTH believe Russia is right and can recognize what is going on here and have allied themselves with Russia.

Tactical Neutron bombs are a wonderous thing. They destroy very little infrastructure and leave little long lasting radiation. They just kill everything over a vast area!

Where does it end, Rohan?
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:51 pm

john.p.clegg wrote:Rohan

Thank you, on behalf of the vast majority of the Free World , but I seem to be missing something , I have listened to both sides of the argument , fully realising both sides use propaganda to some extent ( one more than the other ) , yet , I cannot "get my head around" how some people can be blind to the obvious ?

Is this anything to do with the fashionable " Woke Culture " and " air-brushing " of History ?

John.

Hi John
There will always be people who hold strong views across a wide spectrum on any topic. What I may think is obvious to me many others will disagree with. That is why I also try to focus on verifiable data and always try to reply without making personal comments that could be deemed insulting ( sorry Nomad if you read it that way).

People used to just yell at their TV and radio and write letters to the Times .... now with the internet there is much more opportuntiy for a wide disparity of views to be stated and spread be they correct or not. Air brushing of history, woke culture and fake news are all parts of this and all have good and bad elements to them. Once things are spread on the internet they have a tendency to become "facts" among at least a minority of people.

The myth that "L" blocks are better than non "L" blocks is a classic example of that more relevant to this forum :)

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AshleyPark » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:30 am

Hi Kurt

Thanks for posting the link to that video, it makes an awful lot of good points. I didn’t realise Zelensky had turned against Kolomoiskiy. He was his sugar daddy and owner of the TV station that first made Zelensky famous as a comedian/actor, he also funded the Nazi Azov militia! Zel is living on borrowed time!

I hope people on here take the time to look at the video so they can get an alternative point of view other than the “facts” they believe on Wikipedia or the BBC, although I doubt the presenter will be many’s cup of tea!!
AshleyPark
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:38 am

Kurt / Ashley
I think the emotional anti West and pro Russian ranting, of people like Scott Ritter and this guy Russel Brand who portray themselves as "peace" activists while at the same time arguing for the success of the Russian war effort is full of contradictions. While it may make a good Utube video it does little to educate and rationally argue a position.

Personally I prefer the dispassionate technical analysis of people like Perun and the logical conclusions you can draw from the data presented.....Just my opinion....

Who you choose to believe is a personal choice in a free democracy so I can choose and you can choose who to beleive. People are free to rant against their elected governments and their conspiracies openly on places like Utube and people are free to believe them or not. This is unlike the situation in Russia ( or China or North Korea, or Syria or Iran) where it is compulsory to believe the state line and any open opposition to it is punishable by imprisonment or falling out a window.

In The Friends of Voltaire, Hall wrote: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" as an illustration of Voltaire's beliefs. This quotation – which is sometimes misattributed to Voltaire himself – is often cited to describe the principle of freedom of speech.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:34 am

Today 21st Feb Putin will give a speech,
let's see what he has to say about Biden's visit in Kiev.
I think around 10 am French time.
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AshleyPark » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:18 am

Rohan

It’s interesting, yet pretty predictable, you choose to ignore the messages of those you don’t like, dismissing any alternative view point to your own as being less worthy rantings from emotional “peace activists”!

Perun being more veracious about the situation in Ukraine because he’s a smooth talking Aussie being a case in point. I notice he doesn’t mention the bombing of the Nordstream 2 pipeline, perhaps it doesn’t fit his cosy narrative eh?

Of course, what you believe is your own personal choice, as you say. However, don’t be too quick to assume that we live in a society that’s any more free than the one in Russia. You only have to see what’s happened to your fellow countryman, Julian Assange, to realise that.

Freedom of speech is dying fast here, I see even Roald Dahl’s children's books are being rewritten now!!
AshleyPark
Second Gear
Second Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: