Castle Combe was a great day

PostPost by: miked » Sun May 01, 2022 10:41 am

Well attended event. We had a good day out, saw plenty of cars and met many friends.
Who else has a red face and white eye lids. :shock: :lol: must get a hat and some sun cream. Plus a bit deaf from the long journey.

Mike :D
Mike

Elan S4 Zetec
Suzuki Hustler T250
Suzuki TC120R trailcat
Yamaha YR5
Suzuki Vstrom 650XT
Suzuki TS185K
miked
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elan66 » Sun May 01, 2022 6:19 pm

Yes great day out Mike, really good to catch up,nice to meet up with plenty of friends after a couple of lousy years,
Paul
Ps the car looks great in its new livery bud,Neil did a great job
elan66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon May 02, 2022 6:50 am

A very nice day with surprisingly good weather, good to see you again Mike and I approve of the makeover of your car, very white including the indicators. It was also great to meet your painter, a very interesting man who is obviously very skilled. Adam (PastaPesto) suddenly realised that this was the man who had painted one of his cars, but he had never met him before, I’ll let him tell the story.

Paul and I spent a few minutes winding up Malcolm Ricketts about an article in “Lotus Position” which used to be the London branch of Club Lotus magazine. It dates from around 1982 and the article gives an account of the annual Len Street concours award which Malcolm judged. I have known Malcolm for many years and shared dinner tables at various functions for HLR as well as attending his yearly barbecues, so his name jumped out at me as I was browsing the magazine, it’s quite a humorous article of its time and is very non PC especially where ladies are concerned, but the thing that made me want to wind him up was that one of the 5 vehicles that were awarded prizes was one of his own cars an S2 Elite 910CBL affectionately known as Cybil. Martin (Malcolm’s son) had a good chuckle at Dad’s expense and I promised to copy everything and forward it on. By sheer fluke, Paul was rummaging through the boot fair and found a framed Len Street concours certificate for the actual event in the article, obviously presented by Malcolm. Can’t make this stuff up.

This is 910CBL
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon May 02, 2022 6:52 am

Here’s a link to some photos I took, mostly Elans, you can spot Mikes car as it’s the only white DHC S4 and has white indicator lenses.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g9kio16yupgb ... z9eya?dl=0
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Mon May 02, 2022 12:37 pm

Is there any way someone could put names to faces, or cars, for us on the other side of the pond?
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon May 02, 2022 1:26 pm

Sorry Greg,
I was just concentrating on taking pictures of the cars and didn’t think about getting some faces that I could name for the people interested on here. So in most cases they are random people you can see in the photos, but maybe when more people on here have seen them they can identify themselves.

The exceptions are Paul Alexander and Mike Duff standing next to Mikes newly painted and very nice ex John Pelly Zetec Elan, but I managed to chop their heads off as I was framing the car, Paul is on the left.

Then there’s a group of 3 people with the Tawny Elan Sprint, the person on the left is Brian Buckland, I don’t know the 2 people he was talking to.

Then there’s another photobomb by Paul Alexander to the left of an early S3 coupe in French Blue

And finally a good photo of Adam Mills (PastaPesto) in front of the monotone Lagoon Blue Sprint towards the end of the set.

Maybe others on here can fill in gaps.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Mon May 02, 2022 2:51 pm

Thanks Alan.
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Donels » Mon May 02, 2022 5:35 pm

I went to the Donington Historic Festival this weekend. A few Lotus’ in the car club area but did not take any pics. But for those into race cars the Group C Sportscars were awesome. Here’s a couple of pics, the Jag V12 was something else and the Richard Lloyd Porsche just beautiful.

4B1D7C1A-9DAD-4D95-ADB2-BF6F5DDD35AB.jpeg and

8740AF54-4F0A-4694-9318-6AF95F4CEFBE.jpeg and
Elan +2
Elise mk 1
Donels
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: miked » Mon May 02, 2022 6:57 pm

Thanks guys for the car compliments. Hopefully good old John would approve.
:D
Mike

Elan S4 Zetec
Suzuki Hustler T250
Suzuki TC120R trailcat
Yamaha YR5
Suzuki Vstrom 650XT
Suzuki TS185K
miked
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: