The EU Referundum for the UK.

PostPost by: ericbushby » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:22 am

That'll do nicely, perhaps now they will do what they were told to do ln 2016 and the country can move forward at last.
Eric in Burnley
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

It?s a Blue Dawn for sure...
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: UAB807F » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:56 am

According to some reports Boris intends to bring his deal back to Parliament next week. I wonder how many will oppose it this time around ? Labour to abstain or carry on a useless battle ?

I had to chuckle at the Green MP Caroline Lucas who apparently tweeted words to the effect of ""no Boris, you do not have a mandate for Brexit, more people voted for parties offering Ref#2".

I can't see this continual whinging about having another referendum going away, not until January 2020 anyway. And once we have left, then I'll have no problem at all with a political party setting themselves up with a manifesto to re-join the EU.

Brian
UAB807F
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:10 am

What's next, independent Scotland.
No more UK.
Scotland to join EU.
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Independence for Wales , then Yorkshire , then Basildon..

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:03 pm

You mean Yorkshire isn't independent?

It's not the impression I get from people here.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 2tmike » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Nope, ...Devon after Wales....:))
Elan S4
Elan Plus 2 JPS
MR2turbo
2tmike
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:42 pm

Then independence for North Wales from South Wales (the don?t speak proper Welsh ?yn y de?)
:D
(But the capital of North Wales can still be Liverpool)
1966 Elan S3 Coupe
1994 Caterham 7
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: vincereynard » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:01 pm

alan.barker wrote:What's next, independent Scotland.
No more UK.
Scotland to join EU.
Alan

Basically I think she is daft banging on about it now. Wait until Boris has made a mess of Brexit and it will be easy peasy. OTOH if UK does better than expected it might be dumb to jump ship now. Out of the EU and the UK - smart! Main industry Whiskey and wet tourists.

Which way do most of the lorries travel from Scotland to the continent? Think the Irish border is a bit tricky? How will the EU consider an English / Scottish border? Not too keen on break away states - Catalan etc. How does wee Kranky propose to pay the ?50 billion (?) for the Bank of Scotland? Or is she fine about the BoS being owner by the great satan - London. Etc Etc.

Simple way to ensure a positive IndRef2 vote would be to include England in it I would have thought! ( I may be a bit biased here as I have a Scottish cousin and have endure this constant whinging bleat for many decades.) Quite a few professional Scots near here, all mad keen little Bravehearts. 'Course they all live in Bucks or Surrey. :)
vincereynard
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:49 pm

Biggest laugh from Election Day was a photo in the paper of Diane Abbott out and about doing electiony things wearing a different shoe on each foot. Can?t be trusted to put her own shoes sims it up!
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vincereynard » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:43 pm

elanfan1 wrote:Biggest laugh from Election Day was a photo in the paper of Diane Abbott out and about doing electiony things wearing a different shoe on each foot. Can?t be trusted to put her own shoes sims it up!

Be fair, she can probably only see her feet in a mirror!
vincereynard
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:13 am

I?m in Sweden at the moment and haven?t checked but, oh happy days, someone please tell me she got booted out.... :D It?d be a small consolation for the tide of Brexit effluent that?s now about to roll over us but I?ll take whatever consolation I can find atm.
Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:40 pm

elanfan1 wrote:Biggest laugh from Election Day was a photo in the paper of Diane Abbott out and about doing electiony things wearing a different shoe on each foot. Can?t be trusted to put her own shoes sims it up!

There's doubt been cast on that matter as messages have been posted that that odd-shoes photo has been modified, that there are other photos showing two normal shoes, but then further doubt has been cast saying that the doubting messages are themselves fakes and that the photo of her posing at the same location showing two normal shoes was taken after she had time to go change shoes.

Such is the mess of UK politics.

We also have had 'hordes' of Labour supporters doing a 'democratic' protest march outside Downing Street, protesting that the election result was wrong. :roll:
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:19 pm

69S4 wrote:I?m in Sweden at the moment and haven?t checked but, oh happy days, someone please tell me she got booted out.... :D It?d be a small consolation for the tide of Brexit effluent that?s now about to roll over us but I?ll take whatever consolation I can find atm.

No. Alas, Dianne Abbott got re-elected with her own little landslide victory.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:56 pm

billwill wrote:
69S4 wrote:I?m in Sweden at the moment and haven?t checked but, oh happy days, someone please tell me she got booted out.... :D It?d be a small consolation for the tide of Brexit effluent that?s now about to roll over us but I?ll take whatever consolation I can find atm.

No. Alas, Dianne Abbott got re-elected with her own little landslide victory.

:( :( :(
Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext