Goodwood Revival 2013

PostPost by: paddy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:50 am

It's that time of year again .. looks like we'll be getting a bit damp this time.

As always, it would be great to be able to say hello face to face if you're around. I'll be at the Lavant Bank parking all 3 days.

Paddy
1963 Elan S1
paddy
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Etienne 7 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Unfortunately, I sold out way to early for me (I looked mid-august... :cry: )

A bit gutted, as I couldn't go last year due to other commitments...
Etienne 7
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:23 pm

I hope to see you, Paddy, and I'll be in Park B. I've only noticed three other cars from the forum at the Revival (Rod, StoatWithToast [or his ex-car] and jimj) based on number plates.
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Apart from Paddy on his usual spot and the StoatOnToast car (was it sold in May?) I made a chance encounter with a charming couple and their immaculate S4 on Thursday, not at Goodwood, and on Friday at the Revival who turned out to be nebogipfel. I encouraged them to return to the forum which had dismayed them earlier this year.

Out of 23 Elans in the "early car" park I did not recognise 10 from previous years whereas last year 17 out of 30 were new. There were also five +2 models of which two were unknown.
Meg

________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Quart Meg Miles wrote:Apart from Paddy on his usual spot and the StoatOnToast car (was it sold in May?) I made a chance encounter with a charming couple and their immaculate S4 on Thursday, not at Goodwood, and on Friday at the Revival who turned out to be nebogipfel. I encouraged them to return to the forum which had dismayed them earlier this year.

Greetings all and hello Jerry,

It was a real pleasure to meet you both at the Revival and despite the dire weather forecasts I trust that you also had an enjoyable weekend. We are already looking forward to 2014 :) Thanks for the kind description of us and our car and I would agree that my Sarah is charming .....not so sure about me however :lol:

For anyone who may be interested I have attached a picture of Jerry's very nice Elan with a quarter of a million miles under it's belt. Also pictured are exterior and interior shots of a very famous Elan and one of Little'un with an MG TC for company (a model I now have an urge to own)

You have persuaded me to break radio silence Jerry :wink:
Attachments
Me-admiring-Jerry's-Car.jpg and
Jimmy's-Elan.jpg and
Jimmy's-Cockpit.jpg and
Very-Grubby-Little'un-and-a-lovely-TC.jpg and
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: casalunge » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi John

Who own's the White LHD "Baby" Elan at the top?
1960 Lotus 18 FJ
1962 Lotus 22 FJ
casalunge
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:39 pm

nebogipfel wrote:Greetings all and hello Jerry,

For anyone who may be interested I have attached a picture of Jerry's very nice Elan with a quarter of a million miles under it's belt.

You have persuaded me to break radio silence Jerry :wink:

Welcome back, John, but that's not actually my car! It wasn't until casalunga spotted it as being LHD that I realised and mine has black bumpers and black bolt-on wheels and is pretty scruffy, check your photos from Friday. Nice outfits, by the way, especially Sarah's.

I didn't see another S2 at Goodwood, Colin, or any other 26 apart from Paddy's inside the circuit, but I only did a tour of the car park on Sunday.

ARD1C at Jane's May 05.jpg and
Meg's real car!
Meg

Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Quart Meg Miles wrote:Welcome back, John, but that's not actually my car! It wasn't until casalunga spotted it as being LHD that I realised and mine has black bumpers and black bolt-on wheels and is pretty scruffy,

:oops: That's embarrassing. Not sure how it happened but we seem to have lots of pictures of cars/elans but somehow managed to miss yours :oops: ....and I failed to notice that the car pictured is LHD. :lol:

That said, you car still looks good but the dear readers will just have to take my word for it. It's nice to see an early elan and a clearly loved and enjoyed one.

I will pass your kind comment on to Sarah :wink:
John

nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: casalunge » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:08 am

John

Who s the chap in your photo of the white S2? you?

I know the car because I bought it back from San Diego late 2011, one owner from new circa 45k miles, The small green sticker bottom left of the screen is a Californian Highway Patrol Inspection sticker.

Its current owner who has completed a superb sympathetic restoration is lurking in the background as per the photo below.

It shared a garage in San Diego with my Series 2 Seven in the other photo.

Another forum member pointed me in their direction.

Colin
Attachments
IMG_0752.jpg and
IMG_0707.jpg and
1960 Lotus 18 FJ
1962 Lotus 22 FJ
casalunge
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:25 am

casalunge wrote:John

Who s the chap in your photo of the white S2? you?

Hello Colin,
Yes it's me. My dear wife laments the fact that there is often a skinny old man ruining her perfectly good photographs :wink: I have another disturbing habit of inhaling the aroma of old car interiors whenever possible :lol:

Thanks for the extra info
John

nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:26 am

The gentleman in the photo looks as if he has a Lotus key fob in his hand, is he trying to figure out where the steering wheel has gone? :D :D

Great photos! Great cars!
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: casalunge » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:53 am

John

You'll be telling me next the Red S1 in your photo's was once owned by Jim Clark :D :D
1960 Lotus 18 FJ
1962 Lotus 22 FJ
casalunge
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:03 am

nebogipfel wrote: :oops: That's embarrassing. Not sure how it happened but we seem to have lots of pictures of cars/elans but somehow managed to miss yours :oops: ....

I'm not being narcissistic but I took a couple of you both on your camera by our S2 on the Friday when we met up before entry, perhaps I pressed the wrong button! I should have taken a couple of you myself and perhaps Anne did though I haven't downloaded her camera yet. If so I might have to publish again.

Great to see you back in print; I'd forgotten your avatar, could it be Sarah?

Edit: Oops, I thought I'd sent this as a PM! :oops:
Last edited by Quart Meg Miles on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meg

Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:28 am

Quart Meg Miles wrote:Great to see you back in print; I'd forgotten your avatar, could it be Sarah?

No, It's the late and lovely Janet Munro, star of one of my favourite films "The Day the Earth Caught Fire" a classic British film from 1961.
John

nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AlfaLofa » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:49 pm

I see that 997 NUR is missing the claylastic bumper trim and dash edging and also has the wrong (or broken) heater pull. :shock:

It seems nothing is perfect (especially my car) :wink:
Steve
'64 S1 Elan (Owned since '73)
'69 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce (Owned since '77)
'70 Morris Minor 1000 (Owned since '85)
AlfaLofa
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Next

Total Online: