Peter Ross, RIP.

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:11 pm

With great sadness I have to inform you that Peter Ross passed away last Friday.

Peter was one of the original gang who Chapman enticed into building the very first Lotus Cars; he wrote an excellent book about what happened at that time- Lotus, The Early Years, which is still available and is highly recommended.

Peter maintained his interest in Lotus all his life and at the time of his death was the Editor of the magazine for the Historic Lotus Register.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Lester Burnham » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:24 pm

Just spotted this whilst searching for PR content - very sad. Only corresponded with him once but he was very polite and extremely modest.
Lester Burnham
New-tral

PostPost by: abstamaria » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:17 am

I am sad to learn that.

Andy
abstamaria
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:12 am

Oh dear, as has been already said, such a modest man & such a shame.

It is perhaps selfish for me to say that I am so pleased that he wrote that book "Lotus the early years" which I own but but must settle down now to read properly.
Time is marching on & taking these Lotus personalities from us far too regularly; very scary.
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: