A few leaks - but not to much after 12 years parked in the same spot

cheers
Rohan

Elan garage floor.jpg and
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:14 am

Ok here's my garage floor. It's a bit of a cheat though as the Elans away so the garage is being use by my wife's Jazz.

Which doesnt leak

Anything

Ever.

The floor mat tiles are a necessity. The PO of the house painted the garage floor with the wrong kind of paint. Subsequently parking the car with damp or greasy wheels would result in the paint AND floor cement lifting and attaching to the tyres !

Talk about wheels out of balance...shaving concrete lumps off of tyre tread is not my favourite pastime..

Regards
Richard
Attachments
002.JPG and
Richard
'72 Sprint
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bast0n » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:47 pm

RghO

You need to drive it a bit more.................... :wink:
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Tahoe wrote:My Elan Pees on a Swiss Traks floor that I paid nothing for. It works great because it insulates the floor a little so I don't lay on cold concrete and it's easy to clean using a little Simple Green or whatever to soak up and clean the pee spots.

Cool Russ. Looks great! 8) How do you find the product? Wondering about this stuff (or similar, RaceDeck being another commonly advertised brand), but concerned where any moisture ends up. If/when you drag snow in, does it seep under the raised flooring? This could be a good thing if it dries up in a reasonable time and keeps the raised floor dry. Was thinking of the open grate stuff where we have this issue and a big puddle, but don't want to create more of a problem if it stays damp? Does the 'Cointrax' tile finish cause hassles rolling the smaller castors on a floor jack with weight on it?

Anyway, looks good and a lot less hassle to install than epoxy coating I am thinking.
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:57 pm

bast0n wrote:RghO

English is a strange language and open to many interpetations :roll:

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:13 pm

rgh0 wrote:
bast0n wrote:RghO

English is a strange language and open to many interpetations :roll:

cheers
Rohan

I have stuff thats been parked that long too and they don't leak either but all of the fluids have either been drained or the engine, gearbox and differential are out and on the bench. There is a puddle under the bench instead. :oops:

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DeanG » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:41 pm

A few years old. Bayer 2 part water based epoxy
Attachments
s00001.jpg and
DeanG
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jimj » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:32 pm

It looks a bit full.
Jim
Attachments
restoration 006.jpg and
jimj
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Henry VIIII » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Henry
1967 S3 FHC
A joke a day helps you work, rest, and play. :lol:
Henry VIIII
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elancoupe » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:44 pm

This is mine this morning - will throw a blanket over the car and the parts and see if osmosis occurs. :wink:
Attachments
3-11-12 022.JPG and
Mike
elancoupe
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elj221c » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:28 am

Couldn't see much in the old garage. Green B & Q floor paint. .

Not much better in the new one! Mushroom Kingstonian Paints, sadly in liquidation. The company, that is!
Attachments
Old Garage '05.JPG and
New Garage '11.JPG and
Roy
'65 S2
elj221c
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Steve G » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:31 pm

You've lost a bit of width and a picture window but gained double gang sockets on either side!

I've just moved and now have an adjoined garage with an internal door (much easier for the wife to bring me cups of tea), lighting, power sockets and even a water tap! I'm over the moon (last garage was powerless, lightless, narrow and freezing!) Just got to get the Lotus back from being tuned up at CCK Historic and I will post a picture up. Floor is bare concrete and going to be Epoxy painted in Primer Grey.

P.S. I've got the same engine lifting crane as you, an essential item with an Elan. :lol:
Steve G
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Tahoe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:17 pm

stugilmour wrote:
Tahoe wrote:My Elan Pees on a Swiss Traks floor that I paid nothing for. It works great because it insulates the floor a little so I don't lay on cold concrete and it's easy to clean using a little Simple Green or whatever to soak up and clean the pee spots.

Cool Russ. Looks great! 8) How do you find the product? Wondering about this stuff (or similar, RaceDeck being another commonly advertised brand), but concerned where any moisture ends up. If/when you drag snow in, does it seep under the raised flooring? This could be a good thing if it dries up in a reasonable time and keeps the raised floor dry. Was thinking of the open grate stuff where we have this issue and a big puddle, but don't want to create more of a problem if it stays damp? Does the 'Cointrax' tile finish cause hassles rolling the smaller castors on a floor jack with weight on it?

Anyway, looks good and a lot less hassle to install than epoxy coating I am thinking.

Sorry it took so long to reply Stu. I was looking at these vs. epoxy and my wife saw an ad where they were selling about 3000 sq feet. I bought them all, put these down and sold the rest for a profit. They are okay with all the snow that's dragged in, but the best ones have holes in them to allow drainage. The snow drains through these but not as good as the others. The price was right though so I can live with them just fine.
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elj221c » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:34 pm

Steve G wrote:You've lost a bit of width and a picture window but gained double gang sockets on either side!
P.S. I've got the same engine lifting crane as you, an essential item with an Elan. :lol:

Steve, how very perspicatious! I did indead lose width (to a utility room) but gained a workshop area across the back of the garage and the utility room. Well worth it 'cos it kept 'the Boss' happy when we did the alterations!

Even the old garage was too narrow to work in really. With the body off and in the drive down the side of the house, I will have room to work on the chassis. The body repairs will have to be done outside which is probably not a bad thing anyway.

The last 'rebuild' in '82 (chassis, suspension and engine) was done totally outside with no workshop facilities at all, so when I get properly started it should be a pleasure!
Roy
'65 S2
elj221c
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: